45 Plus Rally Edinburgh 29Th Nov - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

45 Plus Rally Edinburgh 29Th Nov

Just for info, there was a Facebook page advertising this, the main organiser guy in his wisdom has put the date of the march back to 1/1/16, its a bit of a bonkers decision especially after people have donated money however but there will still be a rally on the 29th at the parliament to cater for the 30000+ people that said theyd be attending.

Here is their new Facebook page as the old one will be getting deleted soon apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/events/720395341386827/

If folks are on Facebook please can you share it with anyone you think might be interested or said they'd be going on the original page?

Edited by neilly71

Is this me you're talking to? Grow up. We lost

It's clearly you who needs to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt kid in a huff. I was as depressed as anyone at the referendum result. I cried for days after it and still get teary thinking about it. I also have given up my ticket for the Georgia game as it's too soon for me to go and support Scotland. Some of the enthusiasm and passion I had has been sucked out of me.

But I won't give up on a free Scotland. We keep fighting and we will achieve it. If we do nothing and wallow in self pity then it will indeed be over forever. Other countries have had similar or worse set backs on their path to independence but they kept fighting and eventually won. Malta voted no then seven years later voted yes. Remember Bruce and the spider, we keep trying until we are successful. If the SNP decided in 2003 that the people had spoken and decided they didn't want them and disbanded then we wouldn't even be at this stage. Instead they repositioned arguments, campaigned hard and won people over who weren't previously supporters. Same applies to independence.

What is more annoying with yourself is that any independence related thread you pop up saying the same thing. If you don't care anymore then don't read them or reply, that's pretty simple. If you want to give in then do that but let others continue the fight if they want.

Rally still going ahead as planned, its basically the same team organising apart from the original guy who set up the original Facebook page, dont know whats happened with him and I dont want to know but it seems he cant just let other admins use the page and has decided to scrap it. Hopefully we can let all the original 30k folk know that its business as usual. Flora, comment all you like, no-one can stop you but I dont see what a YES supporter can gain from posting continuously negative comments.

Its not over btw.

Incidentally, im sure everyone is aware but theres a Hope Over Fear rally in Freedom Sq (George Sq) on Sunday at 12noon till 5pm. Should be 10k there and looks set up to be a crackin day.

https://www.facebook.com/events/303779443153007/

10700428_791065654265458_305717134799775

Rally still going ahead as planned, its basically the same team organising apart from the original guy who set up the original Facebook page, dont know whats happened with him and I dont want to know but it seems he cant just let other admins use the page and has decided to scrap it. Hopefully we can let all the original 30k folk know that its business as usual. Flora, comment all you like, no-one can stop you but I dont see what a YES supporter can gain from posting continuously negative comments.

Its not over btw.

Incidentally, im sure everyone is aware but theres a Hope Over Fear rally in Freedom Sq (George Sq) on Sunday at 12noon till 5pm. Should be 10k there and looks set up to be a crackin day.

One of the bands - Isis Farrell... They're worth seeing. Brilliant Syrian trio who sing Irish rebel songs :ok::guitar:

Guest Extreme0

I really wish that people plan these marches/rallies in a good time frame for people to get ready...say at least months ahead and let it get more publicity with time. Would also help if celebrities would at least come to these big rallies instead of joining a small one again and again.

You have the small rallies and such, but it's not going to do much in impact unless there is something big planned a few months ahead, with enough things to keep the rally going.

Its not over btw.

Bizarre poster, how many attendees would identify John Maclean?