Salmond For Westminster? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Salmond For Westminster?

Slight irony that Salmond actually loved Westminster, I think the big stage may have appealed to him at that time. He showed quite a bit of reluctance about leaving it and coming back to Scotland to be an MSP. I don't suppose he imagined then that the SNP would actually be in Government at Holyrood with a majority, òr that a referendum would be held and we would be within 5% of a vote for independence.

Alex Salmond is the finest politician I have ever seen and he has timed his move from leadership perfectly.

The media and opposition personalised the referendum as his crusade by leaving he takes all that hatred with him and allows the next generation SNP to flourish. He will still be around to keep links strong with the older supporters and provide advice and support to the party.

Alex Salmond is the finest politician I have ever seen and he has timed his move from leadership perfectly.

The media and opposition personalised the referendum as his crusade by leaving he takes all that hatred with him and allows the next generation SNP to flourish. He will still be around to keep links strong with the older supporters and provide advice and support to the party.

agreed, and all the people who voted no because " i just dont like him" will have to actually think about their reasons now. well maybe, or else they will change to "I just dont like her" . who knows with these types.

given the press have played Salmond as a bad guy and have played Nicola completely differently it would be a difficult trick to pull off twice... much more difficult on someone already popular, praised for her health role and importantly a woman.

they will still try but I doubt they'll be as effective...

agreed, and all the people who voted no because " i just dont like him" will have to actually think about their reasons now. well maybe, or else they will change to "I just dont like her" . who knows with these types.

I can hear it now "I just don't like that Nichola woman".

J

I can hear it now "I just don't like that Nichola woman".

The female - and only female - 'writers' at the Mail and Express will already be sharpening their pencils...