Does This Place Not Allow Different Opinions? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does This Place Not Allow Different Opinions?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's perfectly plausible to support Scotland and vote No.

There's no reason why you can't feel pride in being Scottish and all that is great about this nation, support our teams in sport etc., but also be content with the Union.

It amazes me that some people can't get their head around this.

How can you call it a nation when you didnt want it to be a nation?

There's no reason why you can't feel pride in being Scottish and all that is great about this nation, support our teams in sport etc., but also be content with the Union.

Have you ever argued that black = white?

It's what you appear to be doing now. If you voted No then why on earth would you support the team you've voted to disband?

If you are a Rangers supporter, it's like buying a season ticket for Parkhead.

I tend to agree. In that I can see why some would think that. Although the union isn't a partnership, I don't see how any no voter could claim it is.

I guess yes supporters have to accept that there's people in Scotland who do well out the union and don't want change, they aren't motivated by social justice or a fairer society, well not enough to vote for it.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

You only have to compare the Yes campaign gatherings in George Sq with the No's gatherings. The idea that it is the YES side that is intolerant of others is just another reversal of truth. This is what they do. Bleating on about folk being nasty when they are the nastiest group imaginable. Complaining how the hhun word is bigotted when they themselves are the bigots. On and on with this tedious crap. They must think we button up the back.

Never a more true word spoken

This board actually reminds me of George Sq .An overwhelming feeling of hope and excitement that we could change our country and make a difference to our lives which obviously turned into disappointment with people searching for answers .

and then the loyalists appear from nowhere swinging punches and trying to make out we are to blame for their reaction.

If we're all entitled to our opinion then my opinion is to shun no voters where ever I can.

Hope you respect that opinion.

Not sure why you would do that. Most No voters I speak to aren't dead-against the idea of an independent Scotland, to them voting Yes was a leap of faith that they weren't prepared to make, primarily due to the currency issue.

We still want independence, and in the wake of last weeks loss DevoMax seems like a reasonable stepping stone to get there. But we can't do that by shunning No voters, we need to convince them to ditch Lab/Lib/Con and vote SNP.

Of course there are some No voters who we will never be convinced to vote SNP - but they are the minority and we will just need to focus our efforts on the ones that can be persuaded.

Just paraphrasing the pish you've been using as the basis of your "argument".

You may have missed my previous thread, deleted for personal abuse, that set out a number of my complaints.

A Mod confirmed that examples of these could be found throughout the board.

I guess yes supporters have to accept that there's people in Scotland who do well out the union and don't want change, they aren't motivated by social justice or a fairer society, well not enough to vote for it.

You could argue all day along about why people voted Yes or No.

It is entirely unreasonable to claim No-voters weren't motivated by social justice or a fairer society.

It obviously wasn't there main concern or they would have voted yes or maybe they bought the idea that both could be achieved through a Labour government.

I can't speak for No-voters but perhaps they thought an Independent Scotland wouldn't lead to a fairer society, especially if things were initially going to be tough. Nobody could predict what the future held.

Perhaps they want to work towards a fairer society throughout the UK.

The sort of No voters on this board are Loyalists....their twisted political views are tied up with the team they support.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that any of them would consider voting yes, ever.

I beg to differ. (biting lip).

I can't speak for No-voters but perhaps they thought an Independent Scotland wouldn't lead to a fairer society, especially if things were initially going to be tough. Nobody could predict what the future held.

Perhaps they want to work towards a fairer society throughout the UK.

Maybe.

I never heard any no voter talk about social justice or a fairer society mind you