Does This Place Not Allow Different Opinions? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does This Place Not Allow Different Opinions?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to do an open "J'Accuse" thread on the TAMB Barry you have to be specific. Are you perhaps talking about in the immediate hours after the No? When people on here were heartbroken and devastated? I hope not as that would be very poor from you. Do you really want us to examine what appears of FF and RM on a daily basis 365 days a year which you are silent on? Shall we go get the posts that can be found on there every day? Sunlight is the best disinfectant and the Tamb has no fear of it.

I have no idea when they were posted, but they are clear for all to see so that would suggest it was pretty recent.

I'm sorry but what on Earth have Rangers or my opinion of other messageboards got to do with this?

What part of sticking the boot into "No" voters is going to persuade them to vote for independence in the future?

The sort of No voters on this board are Loyalists....their twisted political views are tied up with the team they support.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that any of them would consider voting yes, ever.

I am aware that certain messageboards are littered with bigoted, narrow-minded, uneducated drivel.

This place should be better than that so there is no need for the comparison.

Barry before you hold this place up to some higher standard clean up your own house my friend. Otherwise your words are meaningless. :ok:

edit: honest question how many of these outraged threads have you started on FF at the neverending stream of bigotry on there?

edit: sorry double use of Barry

Edited by thplinth

I am aware that certain messageboards are littered with bigoted, narrow-minded, uneducated drivel.

This place should be better than that so there is no need for the comparison.

To be honest, things were reasonably OK on here until the loyalist scumbags...and let's face it, they were Rangers fans....decided to have their wee party on Friday night.

Given that quite a few of the No supporters on here just happen to be loyalist Rangers fans...and their lack of condemnation has been telling....it's hardly surprising there's been a reaction.

Edited by Rossy

Barry before you hold this place up to some higher standard clean up your own house my friend. Otherwise your words are meaningless. :ok:

edit: honest question barry, how many of these outraged threads have you started on FF at the neverending stream of bigotry on there?

What own house?

I've been banned from Follow Follow for years and can't admit to being a regular contributor anyway.

The events of Friday night were a disgrace, and unfortunately all too predictable. They have nothing to do with my argument though.

With important games coming up, I'd like to think the views of some on here are not represented throughout our support.

Edited by WeeBarrysGotAnMBE

To be honest, things were reasonably OK on here until the loyalist scumbags...and let's face it, they were Rangers fans....decided to have their wee party on Friday night.

Given that quite a few of the No supporters on here just happen to be loyalist Rangers fans...and their lack of condemnation has been telling....it's hardly surprising there's been a reaction.

This isn't a Rangers thing (I actually support an SPL club) but I think what happened on Friday was pretty tame when you consider the gravity of what was at stake. The streets have been swamped for weeks with inyourface tribal and antagonistic Yes backers with all their paraphernalia and after having their empty message shoved down your throat day in day out ,after the relief of the final vote (to the majority of us) you do want to let off some steam and shout from the rooftops that salvation has come.

Some individuals went too far but I can understand the passions inflamed in them. As far as the flagburning goes, the same thing happened to the Union flag in the very same place the day before and the Nazi salute thing, excuse me for my possible naivety but wasn't that the Ulster hand 'no surrender' gesture?

Nobody needed to have got hurt though , we're all scottish together just as we were all before and will continue to be regardless of the outcome so lets stop dividing ourselves, democracy has spoken so give it some dignified respect and lets go on living in peace and stop this fratricidal shit.

hypocrite

noun

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.