Scottish second sight - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Sometimes dreams can seem so real.

Is your gran a Buddhist?  

I did NOT dream it .....

Despite the Buddhism/ butterfly connection she lived in Millport and was C of S. She was however occasionally seen in her Hiawatha headdress at the annual Country and Western festival . 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I did NOT dream it .....

Despite the Buddhism/ butterfly connection she lived in Millport and was C of S. She was however occasionally seen in her Hiawatha headdress at the annual Country and Western festival . 

Sound like my cousins who deny to this day doing 'wash the dishes, dry the dishes, turn the dishes over' game with me, dropping me on my head and knocking me out.  They then bundled me in a blanket, closed it with pegs and put me in the back seat of my dads car!  They deny it to this day.  Cousins :banghead:

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

Sound like my cousins who deny to this day doing 'wash the dishes, dry the dishes, turn the dishes over' game with me, dropping me on my head and knocking me out.  They then bundled me in a blanket, closed it with pegs and put me in the back seat of my dads car!  They deny it to this day.  Cousins :banghead:

? ah, the good old bad old days . The social would be after the whole family these days....

Sorry,  but I think I have to believe your cousins cause you are one of the few posters who does NOT sound like they were dropped on the head as a child. ?

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

? ah, the good old bad old days . The social would be after the whole family these days....

Sorry,  but I think I have to believe your cousins cause you are one of the few posters who does NOT sound like they were dropped on the head as a child. ?

You obviously haven't seen the shape of my head - cannot get a hat to fit :blink:

On 26/05/2017 at 7:40 AM, aljay said:

Have you called the Operation Yewtree hotline about this?

Bastardo, I have wine spittle on the screen. I was thinking it but you said it you bad bad man. 

On 30/05/2017 at 4:36 PM, TDYER63 said:

I did NOT dream it .....

Was your gran about 5'2", wavy fair hair and good figure, quite slim?  If so I danced with her in Fraser's and The George. I say danced, she danced I flailed. There were other Indians but I remember telling Hiawatha I loved her and Glen Campbell but Glen a wee bit more and she said she loved him a bit more too. I remember hee haw else of that weekend except for those 2 dances then coming round in Largs and being told I'd had 3 milkshakes in a row. 

Dont believe in any sight or fortune telling but I'd love to be proved wrong. 

19 hours ago, G-Man said:

Bastardo, I have wine spittle on the screen. I was thinking it but you said it you bad bad man. 

Was your gran about 5'2", wavy fair hair and good figure, quite slim?  If so I danced with her in Fraser's and The George. I say danced, she danced I flailed. There were other Indians but I remember telling Hiawatha I loved her and Glen Campbell but Glen a wee bit more and she said she loved him a bit more too. I remember hee haw else of that weekend except for those 2 dances then coming round in Largs and being told I'd had 3 milkshakes in a row. 

Dont believe in any sight or fortune telling but I'd love to be proved wrong. 

? It must have been her ghost cos she's been dead 21 years. A headdress and the Country and Western festival was all  I could think of to connect Buddism/Indian/ Gran/ Millport , in actual fact the only thing she ever wore on her head was a scarf to hide her rollers. Dont tell Orraloon though. 

Sounds like you embraced Milllport and all its madness. I love Glen Campbell too. Went to see him a few years ago, think I must have been the only person in Scotland to see Glen Campbell and The Artic Monkeys in the same week.  

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

? It must have been her ghost cos she's been dead 21 years. A headdress and the Country and Western festival was all  I could think of to connect Buddism/Indian/ Gran/ Millport , in actual fact the only thing she ever wore on her head was a scarf to hide her rollers. Dont tell Orraloon though. 

Sounds like you embraced Milllport and all its madness. I love Glen Campbell too. Went to see him a few years ago, think I must have been the only person in Scotland to see Glen Campbell and The Artic Monkeys in the same week.  

If you've never been to the country festival in Millport then get yourself along this year. You'll probably dance with a Buddhist, sing with an Indian and meet someone in The Ritz who'll put you in mind of your gran. It's funniest and friendliest festival you'll ever go to, the shoot outs are a sight to behold. 

Saw Glen on his last tour and although it was obvious he was ill his voice was still beautiful. Pre ordered his final album but had little listens online and again he sounds beautiful. 

Can't beat your concert week but saw Bruce Springsteen, Barry Manilow, Bob Dylan and The Singing Kettle within 7 months. :blink:

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Sorry Sis, I have no recollection of the butterfly incident, but then I have no recollection of staying at yours the night before the funeral either. Why would we be staying in Blackburn the night before a funeral in Millport? Maybe like our beloved Glen, I've got a touch of dementia. 

Shame about Glen though. Apparently he knew something was wrong when he started getting cards and letters from people he didn't even know!

The Millport C&W festival is indeed something to behold. If you remember me and the lads attended it when we came up for the Macedonia/Holland double header a few years ago. What a craic. Must return some day. 

15 hours ago, G-Man said:

If you've never been to the country festival in Millport then get yourself along this year. You'll probably dance with a Buddhist, sing with an Indian and meet someone in The Ritz who'll put you in mind of your gran. It's funniest and friendliest festival you'll ever go to, the shoot outs are a sight to behold. 

Saw Glen on his last tour and although it was obvious he was ill his voice was still beautiful. Pre ordered his final album but had little listens online and again he sounds beautiful. 

Can't beat your concert week but saw Bruce Springsteen, Barry Manilow, Bob Dylan and The Singing Kettle within 7 months. :blink:

When we were there a guy got chucked out and barred from The George coz he fired a blank in the air from his gun. Every punter in the boozer (and there were plenty) absolutely sh@t themselves. Was quite funny. The poor guy was clearly very sorry for what he had done but his pleadings fell on the very deaf ears of the landlady, who shall we say, was not one to be trifled with! 

Edited by Marky

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Sorry Sis, I have no recollection of the butterfly incident, but then I have no recollection of staying at yours the night before the funeral either. Why would we be staying in Blackburn the night before a funeral in Millport? Maybe like our beloved Glen, I've got a touch of dementia. 

Shame about Glen though. Apparently he knew something was wrong when he started getting cards and letters from people he didn't even know!

The Millport C&W festival is indeed something to behold. If you remember me and the lads attended it when we came up for the Macedonia/Holland double header a few years ago. What a craic. Must return some day. 

Just in case you have  lost the plot completely, it was Blackburn West Lothian, not Blackburn Lancashire. Not exactly a monumental journey to Millport unless you were swimming the final leg. Do you not remember the panic at the the ferry as there were loads of cars waiting before us and we thought were were going to miss the funeral?

Have you remembered its mums birthday today ? 

Sorry everyone, this has become a sibling dementia war. 

18 hours ago, G-Man said:

Bob Dylan and the Singing Kettle, you like to live life on the edge .  Not sure which of those 2 would push me over it quicker ??

I might actually look into the Millport festival this year. Was only at it once, about 18 yrs ago , but the children were young so could not appreciate the full adult experience ???

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Just in case you have  lost the plot completely, it was Blackburn West Lothian, not Blackburn Lancashire. Not exactly a monumental journey to Millport unless you were swimming the final leg. Do you not remember the panic at the the ferry as there were loads of cars waiting before us and we thought were were going to miss the funeral?

Have you remembered its mums birthday today ? 

Sorry everyone, this has become a sibling dementia war. 

Shit!!! I genuinely thought is was the 2nd today. We only got back from New York yesterday and I'm still all over the place. I sent her a present and card before we went though. 

I'll phone in the morning and make my apologies. Let's face it. I've got form for this.

• 2 years later...

I was sitting in the garden today and the hose was sitting a few feet away from me. Suddenly it reeled itself into the box, i got the fright of my life.
I thought i had imagined it but there was a line of water where  the water had dripped out when the house moved along the ground. Then it happened again ! Spooky . 

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was sitting in the garden today and the hose was sitting a few feet away from me. Suddenly it reeled itself into the box, i got the fright of my life.
I thought i had imagined it but there was a line of water where  the water had dripped out when the house moved along the ground. Then it happened again ! Spooky . 

Earthquake? Aftershock?

Edited by Orraloon

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Earthquake? Aftershock?

A bottle of that and you'd definitely be seeing things 😄

Ok. It would be nice to see where the old posters have gone so I am using my second sight to bring them back.  I am closing my eyes and concentrating.
🤔 

I am pretty sure I can sense someone lurking around here. It’s a woman . I think I can see the letter ‘G’ but its hazy. Nope. Its gone. She is out there though. 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ok. It would be nice to see where the old posters have gone so I am using my second sight to bring them back.  I am closing my eyes and concentrating.
🤔

I am pretty sure I can sense someone lurking around here. It’s a woman . I think I can see the letter ‘G’ but its hazy. Nope. Its gone. She is out there though. 

👻👻👻👻👻

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Well I never !
GIRUY Eisergerwind I have brought this thread , literally, back to life ! 

I found this game phone last year and occasionally look at sites on it. I don’t know who this G-Man is but going through his photo album he’s a cracking looking transvestite or drag queen. 
🤗

Edited by G-Man

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I found this game phone last year and occasionally look at sites on it. I don’t know who this G-Man is but going through his photo album he’s a cracking looking transvestite or drag queen. 
🤗

:-))