Pin Badges - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I would like to get some pin badges but don't want to have to order hundreds, any idea where you can get them made. ie a 45 badge or maybe hope over fear

Please stay away from 45 badges as will lose us the next referendum before we even start.

It will alienate the other 55% who you and I know has many in it that may switch over.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief at this as YES is more than good enough.

We are dividing the groups already.

Wear your YES badge with pride.

Edited by antidote

Please stay away from 45 badges as will lose us the next referendum before we even start.

It will alienate the other 55% who you and I know has many in it that may switch over.

Agree with this.

The 45 thing needs re-thinking. We're branding ourself as a minority with an issue.

We need to be a majority and that's not the most sensible marketing to get there.

Agree with this.

The 45 thing needs re-thinking. We're branding ourself as a minority with an issue.

We need to be a majority and that's not the most sensible marketing to get there.

I see where you're coming from but the 45 thing, for me at least, is a tool to keep the momentum going in the short term. 'Yes' is over, done and dusted. I still wear my Yes badge but if someone says well, you lost, why are you wearing that, what then? The answer to the the question 'what's 45?' is that 45% of Scotland decided they wanted independence, why not come and join them?

I see where you're coming from but the 45 thing, for me at least, is a tool to keep the momentum going in the short term. 'Yes' is over, done and dusted. I still wear my Yes badge but if someone says well, you lost, why are you wearing that, what then? The answer to the the question 'what's 45?' is that 45% of Scotland decided they wanted independence, why not come and join them?

Sorry, but YES is not over. I imagine there will be some sort of announcement soon.

If someone asks you why you're wearing your YES badge then tell them it's because you are proud to have voted YES.

If someone asks you why you're wearing your YES badge then tell them it's because you are proud to have voted YES.

I would have thought that goes without saying, and yes, the main reason I wear it is because I don't want people looking at me and thinking 'that f*cker's in the military, he must've voted No'. But other than pride it's difficult to explain to someone, especially a No voter, why you're still wearing your Yes badge when Yes finished at 7am on Friday. To me, a line was drawn under it and we've moved onto the next phase, which is pressuring Westminster to deliver their promises and when they don't, securing another referendum as soon as possible.

I would have thought that goes without saying, and yes, the main reason I wear it is because I don't want people looking at me and thinking 'that f*cker's in the military, he must've voted No'. But other than pride it's difficult to explain to someone, especially a No voter, why you're still wearing your Yes badge when Yes finished at 7am on Friday. To me, a line was drawn under it and we've moved onto the next phase, which is pressuring Westminster to deliver their promises and when they don't, securing another referendum as soon as possible.

YES is still there and should be used as a sword of Damocles hanging over the Westminster government to make sure they go through with their vow and maybe to start up the campaign again if they renege on the deal.

The YES campaign has still got all the affiliated groups and volunteers intact and the hunger is still there, so to disband this group until Independence is won would be complete folly.

YES can only grow and can become a rallying group for the future.

YES is still there and should be used as a sword of Damocles hanging over the Westminster government to make sure they go through with their vow and maybe to start up the campaign again if they renege on the deal.

The YES campaign has still got all the affiliated groups and volunteers intact and the hunger is still there, so to disband this group until Independence is won would be complete folly.

YES can only grow and can become a rallying group for the future.

OK. As we're on the same side I'll agree to differ :ok:

Wear them and don't be surprised if the next referendum vote is only 45%.

It would make a difference if it had along the lines of 45 & rising or something.

Don't see the difference between wearing a 45 badge and a YES badge.

Both are a sign of pride imo.

It would be different if it was " 45 and still got ma bottle ". :D

Don't see the difference between wearing a 45 badge and a YES badge.

Both are a sign of pride imo.

It would be different if it was " 45 and still got ma bottle ". :D

The difference is that YES is all inclusive and 45 is only for the people who voted YES the first time.

We want more than 45.

I respect you and always will for voting YES, but I want some of the 55 to vote YES also.

I'm not being angry at people who want to highlight this, but I can see the pitfalls in the future, a future that I hope will be coming very soon.

Let's stick with YES.

The ownership of Yes is the biggest asset of the campaign. If we surrender it we are crazy.

The very word Yes IS positivity. YES encapsulates optimism and openness.

Compared to a number which is closed and now the past...

It has to be YES.

I prefer AYE :D