Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

Some people might say this referendum has caused division but clearly the divisions were always there...it just revealed them clearly for the first time.

On the Yes side it has been an exhilarating and unifying force. Look at our ranks versus theirs. I know where I want to be.

When I say plateaued it is growing by a couple of thousand a day! it just feels like a plateau after 1100 an hour.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this email from SNP earlier today -

"During the last few days, we have made history.

More than 37,000 new members have now joined, doubling the SNP membership to over 62,000 - and that number keeps rising by the minute.

Our party has become a movement. In the wake of the referendum, Scotland has changed forever.

Once again, the SNP is leading a national campaign of hope.

Hope for Scotland’s future, and a determination that we will get all the new powers promised from Westminster so we can start building a fairer and better society.

There is much work to do. You may have been a party member for decades, or you may just have joined. In either case, you can be proud to be at the centre of history.

Now we need to keep up the momentum and to turn the SNP into a massive people’s force for change.

To do that, I need your help. Can you sign up one more member - your partner, a family member, friend or work colleague - to the SNP?

The greater our numbers, the more we can do and the more our movement becomes unstoppable.

Joining is easy.

Share snp.org/join on social media, or email it to those who you think may join.

Print off an application form, and pass a copy to them.

Or give them the number for our emergency hotline on 0800 633 5432.

Scotland’s future can still be in Scotland’s hands.

Together, let’s make sure it happens.

Thank you.

Peter Murrell

Chief Executive

Scottish National Party

"

Minimum adult on direct debit is £3 per month, though you could pay less

Minimum annual payment £12 Adults, £5 unwaged and over 65.

https://my.snp.org/join

As of 5pm today membership at 64,673.

Taking the current membership figures, and extrapolating up to imagine it were UK wide (purely as a comparison for Labour and Conservative membership figures), the SNP membership would easily be in excess of 500,00.

This is truly remarkable. If we can get the vote out for the general election, and keep the momentum from the referendum, we should sweep the Scottish constituencies by a landslide.

Edited by tartandon

Received my welcome Email from the Greens...is it just me who joined them?

Nope. 2, now tonight, a 3rd pal has joined them. 1 has joined the SSP.

Post up your numbers in here too. And SSP too, if any SSP folks are here.

From last time I checked SNP on 65k or near abouts, Greens 7k? and SSP 3k.

Easy now! It'll take a gargantuan effort to defeat Labour in a Westminster election...

Aye, don't forget the 'keep the Tories out' factor that favours Labour, added to the Lib Dems and Tories switching to Labour in a 'keep the nats out' drive.

In 2015 Labour will probably have the highest vote in Scotland they've had for decades. Only an equally massive turnout for SNP will keep them in the game.

Aye, don't forget the 'keep the Tories out' factor that favours Labour, added to the Lib Dems and Tories switching to Labour in a 'keep the nats out' drive.

In 2015 Labour will probably have the highest vote in Scotland they've had for decades. Only an equally massive turnout for SNP will keep them in the game.

Absolutely, for UK elections, I think there will remain an almost default vote for Labour. There would need to be an almost total collapse in Labour vote to see their seat count reduce massively. FPTP still favours the incumbent in most cases. If Yes parties want to inflict maximum damage, there will need to be careful negotiation over what seats they challenge. IMO, Greens should throw their weight behind a couple of seats where they have most chance of winning, and on an anti-fracking ticket (Falkirk/Clackmannanshire being a good possibility). Difficult to see the SNP standing aside for them though unfortunately. Greens should step aside in Glasgow and let SNP go after Labour.

Still dont expect the SNP to make huge gains or for Labour to suffer huge loses.

2016 however...