Ryan Mason - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Bad thing to see on tv. 

I was at the game but it was up the other end so thankfully never saw anything.  Medical staff were on straight away and there was no "get a move on" nonsense that you sometimes get, pretty obvious straight away it was something serious. 

Was that in the first half? I saw that over 10 minutes of injury time had been played and thought someone must have gotten a bad one. 

Hope he's alright. 

What happened? 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Was that in the first half? I saw that over 10 minutes of injury time had been played and thought someone must have gotten a bad one. 

Hope he's alright. 

What happened? 

Clash of heads with Gary Cahill. Some websites reported he was fighting for his life but he's now stable apparently.

Not nice to see.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Hope he's alright. 

What happened? 

Think it was about 10 mins in or so. Both went for the ball and came out badly. Apparently MOTD 2 didn't show it. 

As an aside, Cahill obviously went down as well and had to have treatment, a second stretcher came on to the park at one point but it obviously wasn't needed as he was up an on his feet after 3-4 minutes.

What then happened was that the ref then sent Cahill to the touch line where he had to stand until Mason had been taken off, the substitution made and play restarted, in fact the 4th official physically stopped him from coming back on too early.  

Clearly, they needed to take as long as they did to stabilise Mason and get him off the pitch safely so no issue with that.  The officials were only going by the letter of the law but it was one of those circumstances where the letter of the law just looks ridiculous.  Fair play to the ref, he got Cahill back on as quickly as he could but I suspect even he thought it was stupid.

i guess it's one of those situations where you would want to see referees use a bit of common sense but then that would lead them being accused of being inconsistent.