Regrets? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spoke to a no voting woman yesterday, the only one I'd speak too, who fully regrets voting no.

These people seem to be getting abuse - 'they get what they deserve' - but they are exactly those who would need to be relied on to vote yes next time, and not scared off by cybernats.

They are just 'Are You Yes Yets' who were a day late.

In a crowded room of 20 No voters, only 2 would need to be convinced to vote Yes to have changed the result....

And there's our strength. More people now are engaged and willing to discuss. I didn't have the confidence to share my thoughts and aspirations until late in the day. I won't be so shy this time.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/20/scottish-independence-lord-ashcroft-poll?CMP=fb_gu

Number 6 is interesting. One of the statements made up 25% of No decisions because they were getting new powers.......

5% swing next time, u say......

It is also interesting that currency and pensions were the biggest reasons people voted No. Project Fear did its job in that respect, but at least if we try again one day these are two areas we know we have to tighten up on.

If I have one criticism of the Yes campaign it is that it didn't do enough to target the auld yins. It made great inroads into the female vote and the young vote but the oldies make up a significant portion of our population and they always vote. It is easy to be critical of them but if all you have to live on is some wee pension and then someone tells you its in jeopardy you are bound to panic.