England match thread - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England match thread

exile

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually thought we played ok for most of the game last night. The difference between the two teams was down to the difference in class between the individuals. Their comes a point where you can't blame the manager and you can't blame the players for their limitations. Their first two goals were brilliant headers - if we were presented with similar headers I doubt we'd finish them - we fluffed the couple of decent chances we did have. 

Was good to see a couple of changes and thought we looked much more energetic in midfield with Brown back. It's obviously ridiculous to play Anya at right back but he did better than I feared. 

All in all, last night was a nothing game. The problem remains that we cannot lift performances to an acceptable level against the rest of the group. Not even close. And that's why we need a change of manager. Someone who'll play a pressing game and pick form players.

14 hours ago, Mox said:

Marcelo Beilsa now

I know very little about Beilsa but according to Wiki he favours 3-3-3-1.  I did ponder what that might mean with the players we have available.  Came up with: Gordon / Martin, Berra, Kingsley / Paterson, Brown, Tierney / Burke, Snodgrass, Robertson / Phillips.

Obviously masively experimental with Robertson playing further up the park (but surely he'd do better than Forrest), Phillips up front (hasn't done anything in his starts but he's less of them than the unsual suspects) and Kingsley on the left hand side of a back three.

That little arsehole Nevin all over the press and radio this morning saying that Strachan is absolutely the best man for the job.

How I hate the wee Scottish football clique where commentators and ex-players spend the whole time patting each other on the back for failing.

7 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Pardon my lack of knowledge but had you not colonized 3/4th of the earth? with your brothers in arms from down south?

I don't know because your vibe reminds me of shopping centres being blown up and little kids being murdered. Kind of fogs my knowledge of history.

Go away, troll.

45 minutes ago, stactuso85 said:

I don't know because your vibe reminds me of shopping centres being blown up and little kids being murdered. Kind of fogs my knowledge of history.

Go away, troll.

Ah ok..lol....Celtic / Provies...i get you. Cool story mate. you are such a multilayered and intelligent but also subtle person. if you dont mind, i will not go away. enjoy your Saturday buddy!

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

That little arsehole Nevin all over the press and radio this morning saying that Strachan is absolutely the best man for the job.

How I hate the wee Scottish football clique where commentators and ex-players spend the whole time patting each other on the back for failing.

I heard that as well and maybe that's what Nevin genuinely thinks but there are serious question marks.  His stubborness not about his pride but  about his decsion making e.g. persisting with a set formation when it fails to dliver time and time again, the lateness of substitutes, the lack of any plan B, his fixation with some chronic underachievers (eg Forrest), his overlooking of others when they have been in form (eg McCormack, Rhodes).

17 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I heard that as well and maybe that's what Nevin genuinely thinks but there are serious question marks.  His stubborness not about his pride but  about his decsion making e.g. persisting with a set formation when it fails to dliver time and time again, the lateness of substitutes, the lack of any plan B, his fixation with some chronic underachievers (eg Forrest), his overlooking of others when they have been in form (eg McCormack, Rhodes).

Gary Caldwell saying the same on football focus 

49 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Same as me or the same as Nevin?

Same as Nevin.

It's the nornal crap you get from the Scottish football cabal. All scared to look the truth in the eyes.

Makes us look like pathetic tossbags who are happy to settle for getting humped every game we play. 

Edited by Rossy