NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 16 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puff Diddy wants to buy the Carolina Panthers and has had offers from other wealthy Black celebrities wanting in 

Would be the first Black NFL team owner

Says he would immediately sign Colin Kaepernick to the team and let him compete with Cam Newton

Carolina's current owner Jerry Richardson has put the team up for sale amid misconduct allegations

21 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dont you just love those Patriots .......

These things are killing the game

I do love them. The fact that the catch rule is confusing and unsatisfactory has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots. Maybe the likes of Jesse James and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins just need to 'do their job' better... 

57 minutes ago, The Giant said:

I do love them. The fact that the catch rule is confusing and unsatisfactory has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots. Maybe the likes of Jesse James and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins just need to 'do their job' better... 

:lol:

A very dangerous week 17 for the Patriots at home against the Jets who have nothing to play for except not falling further down the draft order.

Keeping Brady & Gronkowski healthy for the play offs will be key for the Pats

It will be a Pats win but I expect the Jets defense to play really really really hard for a couple of quarters particularly as they'll be on the field a lot with Petty playing QB

Will this season be the end of the Patriots dynasty Mr Giant ?

Unusually there are lots of rumours coming out of Foxborough mostly that the Belichick. Brady, Kraft love in is over

Must admit i was surprised they let both Garoppolo and Brissett go - initial gossip was that it was a big Fook You to Kraft and Brady from Bill B but now rumours are that Brady went to Kraft to get Garoppolo traded

Either way the latest is that Belichick will be leaving after the playoffs/SB

And no i am not obsessed - we all knew it had to come to an end some day - All Jets fans hoping it would be sooner rather than later

Is this it ?

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Will this season be the end of the Patriots dynasty Mr Giant ?

Unusually there are lots of rumours coming out of Foxborough mostly that the Belichick. Brady, Kraft love in is over

Must admit i was surprised they let both Garoppolo and Brissett go - initial gossip was that it was a big Fook You to Kraft and Brady from Bill B but now rumours are that Brady went to Kraft to get Garoppolo traded

Either way the latest is that Belichick will be leaving after the playoffs/SB

And no i am not obsessed - we all knew it had to come to an end some day - All Jets fans hoping it would be sooner rather than later

Is this it ?

They're certainly denying it (although that means very little... and interestingly there's no "Bill will be our HC beyond the end of the season" line...)

DSye9hhV4AA039X.jpg

I dont think its the end, they are all tethered to one another whether they like it or not. Not hard to believe that Kraft, Brady and Belichick would all have large ego's. Nothing i've ever heard about Belichick makes me think that he is anything but a football lifer and I doubt he wants to walk away. I've always thought that Wickersham and Van Natta write good pieces on ESPN, so I have no real reason to disbelieve any of this but it is a bit short on facts and full of un named sources and what could be termed hearsay.

I wonder if this piece even gets written in  Garoppolo goes to SF and looks average. Obviously Kraft stays, and its hard to see a better option out the for Brady or Belichick so I think they just carry on for another year at least. Its hard to think of an all time great quarterback that stayed with one team for his whole career and left on his own terms, apart from Elway. Montana, Manning, Favre etc situations all became a bit unsatisfactory to differing degrees.

If it is the end, then so be it, its been a tremendous run. Been amazing that Patricia and especially McDaniels have stayed as Coordinators for so long really given the dearth of HC talent in the NFL. And in Flores and Daboll, they have guys ready to step up. Maybe we only win 11 games next season... :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Help. Who is the English guy that presents some of the NFL. Not Chappers, fair hair and a bit of a lisp. Knows his stuff. Think he’s on BBC. 

Nat Coombs. 

13 hours ago, The Giant said:

Tremendous game there between Pittsburgh and Jacksonville. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hopefully this Vikings game is half as good...

Hope you stayed with it till the end !

The Vikings looked unplayable for nearly 3 quarters then the wheels almost fell off

Had to be up at 4am for wok this morning, so went to bed after the Jacksonville game. Gutted! Sounds like i missed an all-time classic. Will be watching the game on gamepass tonight. 

As an anti Patriot -_- the near future is looking all too depressing 

We are left with Bortles, Foles & Keenum up against Brady :(

You just cant rely on strong defence for 4 quarters - at some point you are going to bend particularly against Brady 

Did anyone who post here attend the NFL live event in Glasgow last night? I went along and thoroughly enjoyed it. Neil Reynolds presented and was joined by Coach Reinebold, Scott Hanson from RedZone and current players Josh Norman and Emmanuel Sanders. Was good to hear them talking ball and they mixed up the proceeding with some fun and games. Not a bad way to spend a rainy Monday night in Glasgow.

23 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Did anyone who post here attend the NFL live event in Glasgow last night? I went along and thoroughly enjoyed it. Neil Reynolds presented and was joined by Coach Reinebold, Scott Hanson from RedZone and current players Josh Norman and Emmanuel Sanders. Was good to hear them talking ball and they mixed up the proceeding with some fun and games. Not a bad way to spend a rainy Monday night in Glasgow.

I dont like Neil Reynolds

Scott Hanson is excellent though

• 2 weeks later...