NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 17 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2017 at 10:26 AM, Ally Bongo said:

If someone wants to give me £100 i would put it on the Eagles right now with them likely having home field advantage through the play offs 

You are all welcome !

Wow - i just checked my online account after thinking my bet was gubbed

Hills were offering 18/1 on;

Eagles to lead at half time

Gronk to score 2 or more TDs

Brady to have over 200 passing yards

And i was sure the last bit was for the Patriots to win

Turns out it wasnt so i was cheering for them for nothing :)

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Some amount of yardage. There's normally at least one solid defense in the SB (and usually they win it). Not this time!

The thing is the Eagles defense is solid, top 5 rated for the regular season. Don't think anyone quite expected a shoot out

It's even more remarkable when you consider

Brady threw for 505 yards (FFS), three touchdowns and no picks

The Patriots comitted ONE penalty all game, never punted and still lost

• 2 months later...

So my Jets really did "suck for Sam" after all

Our draft pick history is notorious so i'll hang judgement despite him being arguably the best QB available

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Our draft pick history is notorious so i'll hang judgement despite him being arguably the best QB available

I'm no longer a big watcher of the college game but the majority of the draft analysts had Darnold as the best QB in the draft, so it's a big break for the Jets to get him at 3.

Plus, with Josh McCowan and Teddy Bridgewater in place, there's no reason Darnold can't sit for a year and learn. 

On 4/27/2018 at 1:35 AM, Ally Bongo said:

It's far from a red flag that Cleveland didn't take him. I'd never trust the Browns to do the right thing! The JETS made a bold, early trade and may have reaped the benefit.

19 minutes ago, The Giant said:

It's far from a red flag that Cleveland didn't take him. I'd never trust the Browns to do the right thing! The JETS made a bold, early trade and may have reaped the benefit.

Certainly hope so

I have seen a lot of theories as to why Cleveland took Mayfield and the most plausible is that they want an instant return - Mayfield had the best 4th quarter comeback win stats by quite a distance

Why they never took Chubb at 4 is another question though

Darnold is huge and looks a lot like Roethlisberger with his ability to extend the play

It looks promising but so did Hackenberg and he cant hit a coo on the arse with a banjo seemingly and not sure the fanbase will accept Darnold sitting for a year (or more)

On 4/27/2018 at 1:01 AM, Toepoke said:

Not a great time to be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.

"Sorry folks, we're off to London"...

The games that are already played in London are bad enough for actual fans. 

If this were to happen, it would just be a complete farce.

22 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

The games that are already played in London are bad enough for actual fans. 

If this were to happen, it would just be a complete farce.

Or the growth of a national game in to an international game. 

US franchises changing location is nothing new. There's little difference between the Jags moving from Jacksonville to London and the Rams moving from St Louis to LA.