Allison Street, Govanhill, Glasgow - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allison Street, Govanhill, Glasgow

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah lottery winner. Congrats mate. Is the posh bit not full of Asians.

Afraid not. Just renting a flat in amongst the big houses. No Asians in my block but quite a lot nearby. Don`t care where anyone comes from, as long as they`re not annoying me :ok:

Alas Polloksheilds is a complete no go zone. Absolutely all pubs (or at least it was). I had to go to the Sherbroke Hotel ( i think it was) I recall for a pint and reading the paper when I lived there. off polloksheilds.

It`s just handy for me just now. Easy to get the train into town and for the motorway and Pollok Park nearby. Won`t be here forever though.

The scary thing is the council meeting I hijacked to get in had no idea how bad it was or didn't want to know, as Andy said they were allowed to stand on street corners in their own Country, When I pointed out they were not in their own Country I was called a racist, was told they were selling their kids for sex, was told they had not heard anything, when I said had they heard I was assaulted basically 100 yards from my front door had they heard of that, they said no and I then said that's exactly my point, just cause you have not heard about it doesn't mean it's didn't Blxxdy happen, when was brought up about them not taking out there rubbish they said they could not read English, fair enough why not do wee leaflets in there own language was told they could not read that either, seriously why the feck were they there. Lost about £20K on my house but the wee lassie below me must have lost more than me. When I was trying to sell my house, 3 viewers never turned up at night and was raging but was told the next day they were too scared to get out their cars. One minute they were not there then the next day they were, they were brought in at night so no one knew

We must be going backwards again - this is a grim set from the Gorbals and Maryhill taken in 1969 - 1972 (the photographer has only now agreed to release them - they weren't released at the time to protect the families involved) -

http://www.shelterscotland.org/lifeworthliving

Edited by Charlie Endell

The scary thing is the council meeting I hijacked to get in had no idea how bad it was or didn't want to know, as Andy said they were allowed to stand on street corners in their own Country, When I pointed out they were not in their own Country I was called a racist, was told they were selling their kids for sex, was told they had not heard anything, when I said had they heard I was assaulted basically 100 yards from my front door had they heard of that, they said no and I then said that's exactly my point, just cause you have not heard about it doesn't mean it's didn't Blxxdy happen, when was brought up about them not taking out there rubbish they said they could not read English, fair enough why not do wee leaflets in there own language was told they could not read that either, seriously why the feck were they there. Lost about £20K on my house but the wee lassie below me must have lost more than me. When I was trying to sell my house, 3 viewers never turned up at night and was raging but was told the next day they were too scared to get out their cars. One minute they were not there then the next day they were, they were brought in at night so no one knew

It's difficult to know where to start with this. Them standing on street corners is something they do, caribbean folk do it in London, it's part of the culture. If they are not commiting a crime, Its difficult to move them on. They are selling their kids for sex. Do you have any evidence for this and if so, did you notify the police? People didn't visit your flat because they were too scared to get out their car I find hard to believe and your last sentence is just lol. Also, 'hijacking' council meetings it's not a great way to make your feelings known.

Edited by Mox

It's difficult to know where to start with this. Them standing on street corners is something they do, caribbean folk do it in London, it's part of the culture. They are selling their kids for sex. Do you have any evidence for this and if so, did you notify the police? People didn't visit your flat because they were too scared to get out their car I find hard to believe and your last sentence is just lol.

The selling kids for sex bit is what I'm questioning too. I wouldn't hesitate in getting the appropriate authorities notified if I KNEW this was the case and wouldn't let up until I knew they had investigated.

The selling kids for sex bit is what I'm questioning too. I wouldn't hesitate in getting the appropriate authorities notified if I KNEW this was the case and wouldn't let up until I knew they had investigated.

I`ve heard plenty of second hand stories of this going on but nothing concrete. Wouldn`t surprise me though.

Woman in the charity shop told me she`d had a couple of women come in and try some clothes on....and have a piss in the changing room :blink:

I`ve heard plenty of second hand stories of this going on but nothing concrete. Wouldn`t surprise me though.

Woman in the charity shop told me she`d had a couple of women come in and try some clothes on....and have a piss in the changing room :blink:

Not pleasant but a bit far removed from child sexual exploitation. Who are they selling these kids to?

Seems to be a few do gooders on here who don't have 1st hand experience of the place trying to tell folk who live or work there that they know different. The glasgow council have ruined this area with the scum they have brought to the area. For which they were weighed in by the UK government. It is indeed a he'll hole. If any of you want a guided tour. Don't hesitate to ask me.

Going to a pub on Victoria Rd with loads of football fans bit different than walking around during the day and night.

So all the Roma went into hiding because we were there :unsure:

I wasn't in a pub on Victoria Road anyway :)