WWE - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone going to any of the live events tonight or tomorrow?

Ive got an 8 year old at home that hasn't been able to sleep all weekend with excitement of going in Aberdeen tonight. 

Before anyone says it,it's not fake fighting,its sports entertainment. 

Im actually looking forward to it myself,particularly the women's championship match :wub:

Went to Manchester for it last year it was brilliant.

For the TV taping they make it a proper event for the fans in the audience. It's a lot more than just the 3 hours that you would see on the TV. Heard mixed reviews about the "wwe live" events that don't go on TV.

Thats enough serious chat - can we start posting pictures of trish stratus and Stacey Keibler now?

Enjoy. Let us know how it was...

Edited by KennyMiller

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

No Grado, no party.

Given the Rooney-Barrett feud in Manchester last year, and the Austin-Vinnie Jones one a few years ago, they will need some sort of Scottish audience involvement this time around, and suspect he will be right up their street.

Though, given Vinnie Mac and his really tough stance on no mention of any kind of a rival company over the last 30 years, probably very unlikely (unless its a dark match spot to warm the crowd up before the camera's get turned on).

Edited by wanderer

51 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The logo they are using for this weeks events (I take it these are live shows being filmed, rather than B-shows. which will never be seen on tv?) with a Scottish influence is pretty smart.

Monday night raw is live from Glasgow tonight and smack down tomorrow night. 

We're just at WWE live,it'll do him though. 

Got my sign made up yesterday,Rey mysterio mask looked out and title belt at the ready. 

Edit: His sign,mask and belt.......:whistling:

Edited by dandydunn

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Got my sign made up yesterday,Rey mysterio mask looked out and title belt at the ready. 

Edit: His sign,mask and belt.......:whistling:

Good come back :lol: me and the wife went shopping in Braehead years ago while a WWE event was on, and was a tad sad seeing guys in their mid 20's dressed as John Cena.

Last event I went to was at the SECC in 1993 (think I got my photo taken with the Nasty Boys) and only thing that keeps me up to date these days is listening into Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman podcasts for nostalgia purposes.

23 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Good come back :lol: me and the wife went shopping in Braehead years ago while a WWE event was on, and was a tad sad seeing guys in their mid 20's dressed as John Cena.

Last event I went to was at the SECC in 1993 (think I got my photo taken with the Nasty Boys) and only thing that keeps me up to date these days is listening into Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman podcasts for nostalgia purposes.

It is very strange. 

We went to an Aberdeen event in the summer and the bairn (8) was commenting on how some people were getting far too excited for their age. 

The one in particular was a dead ringer for comic book guy and to say he was in his 20's would be very generous. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It is very strange. 

We went to an Aberdeen event in the summer and the bairn (8) was commenting on how some people were getting far too excited for their age. 

The one in particular was a dead ringer for comic book guy and to say he was in his 20's would be very generous. 

There's nothing wrong with supporting your local wrestling scene well into your 20's.

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

There's nothing wrong with supporting your local wrestling scene well into your 20's.

I supported it and I'm in my 30's. 

This gentleman was having particular issues with the referees,the characters he didn't like and most particularly,it was scandalous how the title never changed hands that night. 

I had genuine fears he was gonna be on suicide watch once the event finished. 

I got my 3 lads tickets for one in Newcastle a couple of years ago. Weren't cheap either. It was a bit of a let down (in my eyes) in real life as they definitely seemed to move slower than it looks like they do on the telly shows. Randy Orton and Seamus were there, big laddies! Also Big Show and Great Khali had a match up which appeared to take place in slow motion, Great Khali could hardly move. The other thing that also surprised me was the amount of adults without kids who were there. And sitting in the very expensive ring side seats, wouldn't be much change out of £80 for their tickets based on what costs I had seen when ordering for the bairns. Merchandise was also selling like the proverbial pre show and also wasnt cheap.

20 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Big Show and Great Khali had a match up which appeared to take place in slow motion, Great Khali could hardly move. The other thing that also surprised me was the amount of adults without kids who were there. 

That would be my idea of a match from hell to have to sit through (let alone pay to see!).

Big Show at least had some moves (in his WCW days he was actually pretty nimble on his feet) but his 50 face-heel turns a year over the last 10 years have basically relegated him to comedy/carnival act status these days..... Great Khali was Vince living in his own universe where its 1987 and he wants to recreate another Hogan v Andre style feud, thats why whenever one of these "freaks" come along they get a instant push to set them up against Super Cena, but crash and burn before they get going, then just relegated to bottom of the barrel for borderline for morally questionable story lines......

On Monday, November 07, 2016 at 1:58 PM, wanderer said:

What's the difference between that and grown men wearing football tops dressed as football players?

8 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I got my 3 lads tickets for one in Newcastle a couple of years ago. Weren't cheap either. It was a bit of a let down (in my eyes) in real life as they definitely seemed to move slower than it looks like they do on the telly shows. Randy Orton and Seamus were there, big laddies! Also Big Show and Great Khali had a match up which appeared to take place in slow motion, Great Khali could hardly move. The other thing that also surprised me was the amount of adults without kids who were there. And sitting in the very expensive ring side seats, wouldn't be much change out of £80 for their tickets based on what costs I had seen when ordering for the bairns. Merchandise was also selling like the proverbial pre show and also wasnt cheap.

I thought it was a lot slower too,but the bairn enjoyed it,that was good enough for me. 

Got a video of him when Kane came out,started on the entrance and moved round to look at him,the look of excitement on his face was worth the money alone. 

He got a nod and thumbs up from dolph ziggler too after he seen his sign. 

Seemed the ones that the fans are supposed to be against were being supported in Aberdeen last night too :lol:

Think ringside was about £250 with a special programme. 

We were 9 rows from the front @ £55. 

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I thought it was a lot slower too,but the bairn enjoyed it,that was good enough for me. 

Got a video of him when Kane came out,started on the entrance and moved round to look at him,the look of excitement on his face was worth the money alone. 

He got a nod and thumbs up from dolph ziggler too after he seen his sign. 

Seemed the ones that the fans are supposed to be against were being supported in Aberdeen last night too :lol:

Think ringside was about £250 with a special programme. 

We were 9 rows from the front @ £55. 

Yep, mines enjoyed it too and it was a Xmas pressie so I could justify the cash but at 4 of us there it wasn't cheap. I am pretty certain mines were at the £55 level too, and you mention 9 from front, think thats about where we were too. I do know the rows right in front of mine were another £20 a ticket. Always remember some young lad, mid 20's and his fit bird in the row in front and me thinking "Thats £150 youse have spent right there, should youse know just be at the pub or something with that money instead of watching wrestling?!".

Never realised the ringside ones were that expensive, jeez, that is some price.