4034 tickets - Page 7 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

Just now, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I agree. I am also sure I saw somewhere that SFA had only 3,400 people confirming they were wanting to go in response to the poll they did. If thats the case then a 4,000 allocation was above and beyond what they were expecting to travel.

I never saw any poll for this game. I'm guessing I'm not the only one. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Wasn't aware of that in Metz? I am sure I was told in my collection email where to go at the stadium to pick up, in fact I am almost certain was I had printed it off. I turned up about 90 mins before match, biggest hassle was getting through the security check, once done it was a minutes stroll down to the pick up point at our end, picked up ticket in 30 secs, back to my mates in the bar just before the security check. Seemed a breeze to me but appreciate others would have been there at different times.

It was collect at XXXstand (can't mind which) 12noon - KO matchday.  

When most got there at 12ish the security still didn't know people where collecting so would let no-one near the stand. It was a while before someone called the sfa girls on their mobile and they replied "they didnt know we were coming and dont know where to put us"

Wish I had waited till just before KO aswell! 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I never saw any poll for this game. I'm guessing I'm not the only one. 

I got the email on morning of 3rd June.

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

It was collect at XXXstand (can't mind which) 12noon - KO matchday.  

When most got there at 12ish the security still didn't know people where collecting so would let no-one near the stand. It was a while before someone called the sfa girls on their mobile and they replied "they didnt know we were coming and dont know where to put us"

Wish I had waited till just before KO aswell! 

The travel advice doc said pick up at ticket booth at North West corner of stadium, which if you know your compass, is exactly where it was! :lol:

16 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I agree. I am also sure I saw somewhere that SFA had only 3,400 people confirming they were wanting to go in response to the poll they did. If thats the case then a 4,000 allocation was above and beyond what they were expecting to travel.

Polls are only a guide anyway, sometimes more say they are going than its possible to get tickets for (metz recently and no doubt bratislava/Wembley) will fall in to that category.

Other time's like Malta its easy for folk to just assume allocation will be big enough to satisfy at least their points total and possibly the full demand so don't bother with the poll.

Sometime's the SFA just blatantly ignore it, like the Gib game, noway 8000 voted on that poll. 

Edit: Didn't we get like 3000 for Italy and send more than half back?

Edited by Mazziessc

Just now, Mazziessc said:

Polls are only a guide anyway, sometimes more say they are going than its possible to get tickets for (metz recently and no doubt bratislava/Wembley) will fall in to that category.

Other time's like Malta its easy for folk to just assume allocation will be big enough to satisfy at least their points total and possibly the full demand so don't bother with the poll.

Sometime's the SFA just blatantly ignore it, like the Gib game, noway 8000 voted on that poll. 

I agree, at best it can only be a rough guide/estimate and not all will complete. 

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I got the email on morning of 3rd June.

The travel advice doc said pick up at ticket booth at North West corner of stadium, which if you know your compass, is exactly where it was! :lol:

It is exactly where it was!:lol:

BUT it was not organised properly in a way that security/FFF knew to let the SFA in prior to the opening time never mind the queuing fans!

My point was that something like that happening again on a bigger scale would be a disaster!

Edited by Mazziessc

14 hours ago, allyc said:

Can't stand all the belly acheing from folk who are one point and missed a ticket etc.u could have gone to any of the games the last two years and be sitting pretty.the sfa have got a decent size allocation.who do we think we are???

I think the problem is that there will be plenty of tickets available from Malta and as a result all those who get tickets this way will not get a point credited to them, so the next game will still be in the same situation when it comes to getting tickets , even though they have gone to expense of travelling.

I was lucky and was one of the few on one point to get tickets yesterday.However I was in the same situation for the Eire game and ended up paying for hospitality in the home end earning no points.

However there are plenty of tickets available from Malta FA.Luckily at 25 euro .Makes me think that is more the reason we did not get a bigger allocation to the SFA as I would assume the Maltese would rather sell direct

.http://www.mfa.com.mt/en/products.htm

11 minutes ago, Simmy87 said:

How did you find out where you are on the waiting list?

For the Ireland and France games we phoned up the supporters club asking to be put onto the waiting list and were told they didn't know anything about any waiting list and there never had been any waiting list for any game. I'm not sure if we got a disgruntled employee(s) answering the phone or if the waiting list is a magical list invented by TAMB. 

Just now, theweestevie said:

For the Ireland and France games we phoned up the supporters club asking to be put onto the waiting list and were told they didn't know anything about any waiting list and there never had been any waiting list for any game. I'm not sure if we got a disgruntled employee(s) answering the phone or if the waiting list is a magical list invented by TAMB. 

there was definitely a waiting list for Dublin last year, my pal was on it and he was delighted to get a phone call a week before the game advising a ticket had become available if he could pick it up over there 

8 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

there was definitely a waiting list for Dublin last year, my pal was on it and he was delighted to get a phone call a week before the game advising a ticket had become available if he could pick it up over there 

Same for the Georgia game too, I got a phone call from them offering one which I no longer needed. 

France game they full on refused to have a waiting list.

Can't see why they are willing to compile a list for some but not all games.

Perhaps they have been told just to have lists for competitive games only?

Edited by Mazziessc

21 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Same for the Georgia game too, I got a phone call from them offering one which I no longer needed. 

France game they full on refused to have a waiting list.

Can't see why they are willing to compile a list for some but not all games.

Perhaps they have been told just to have lists for competitive games only?

Possibly because Dublin, Georgia and now Malta are biggish away allocations and there is always the chance of returns. France was a much smaller allocation, despite a decent sized support travelling, so maybe they felt it was pointless taking calls and maintaining a waiting list of a couple of hundred people when maybe only a handful (?) of tickets were going to become available? It possibly comes back to how many pick-ups they are going to put in place to?

4 hours ago, jailender said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Maltese FA did not want the ground to be 50% plus full of Scottish fans, turning it into an away game for them. 25% is as good an allocation as we are ever likely to get anywhere.

But we're the famous Tartan Army, welcome wherever we go and loved by all.

I agree with 100% pick up for certain games but has to the right games.  Slovakia & England away would be good ones as Stadium in a city near bars, restaurants so tickets could be picked up all day but Malta would be a nightmare, Stadium in the middle of nowhere with nothing there.  Unless they had a few pick up points in the different areas of Malta but can't see it.  I agree getting rid of any harvestrs would be good but pissing off everyone on their holiday with a ball ache to pick up tickets isn't fair to the genuine fans who go. 

12 minutes ago, Radian said:

I agree with 100% pick up for certain games but has to the right games.  Slovakia & England away would be good ones as Stadium in a city near bars, restaurants so tickets could be picked up all day but Malta would be a nightmare, Stadium in the middle of nowhere with nothing there.  Unless they had a few pick up points in the different areas of Malta but can't see it.  I agree getting rid of any harvestrs would be good but pissing off everyone on their holiday with a ball ache to pick up tickets isn't fair to the genuine fans who go. 

100% pick-up for England? :lol:

In the famously compact city of London?

What game would people be harvesting for?

Not to mention that it'll be 10,000+ tickets.

Glad you don't work for the SSC.

5 minutes ago, deecie said:

yep shouldn't be London.

Maybe the friendly away to Hungary next March would be a better option for 100% pick up

3 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

yep shouldn't be London.

Maybe the friendly away to Hungary next March would be a better option for 100% pick up

You do realise that the Olympic Stadium it's being played is in the same London as Wembley?

13 minutes ago, deecie said:

Oh Shock horror deecie the resident 'funnyman' makes a smart arse reply.  Sorry I'll dumb down what i write in future for you as any meaning behind what is written gets lost in your attempts to try be funny.  So by your response Harvesting has been going on for all these years just incase we drew England away?  Of course they aren't going to use an away game with that level of tickets I just used Slovakia and London as examples as they were the next 2 aways so used them to highlight how there are easier places to do 100% pick ups than Malta you clown!!  

8 minutes ago, Radian said:

Oh Shock horror deecie the resident 'funnyman' makes a smart arse reply.  Sorry I'll dumb down what i write in future for you as any meaning behind what is written gets lost in your attempts to try be funny.  So by your response Harvesting has been going on for all these years just incase we drew England away?  Of course they aren't going to use an away game with that level of tickets I just used Slovakia and London as examples as they were the next 2 aways so used them to highlight how there are easier places to do 100% pick ups than Malta you clown!!  

Settle down, you made a dumb suggestion. I'm sure with time you'll get over it.

2 hours ago, Simmy87 said:

How did you find out where you are on the waiting list?

I phoned at 9.05 this morning. I asked to be put on the waiting list and she took my SSC number. I then added my boy to the list as well. I then asked where we were on the list and was told numbers 76 and 77