Faissal El Bakhtaoui - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

7 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Suppose it's the same as when we were outbid by Boston Utd for Derek Lilley.

Off topic but my decision to (probably) not get a season ticket next year looks even more justified when you see some of the dodgers they have in the advert for them. :P

Aye some right dodgy folk in it. Just as well there are also some fine upstanding pillars of society in it too :spin:

On McManus was it not 1 year deal at Pittodrie v 3 years at Fleetwood? 

There have also been occasions when League 1 clubs have moaned about Aberdeen offering "silly money" to entice their players.

Seems that occasionally an apparently minnow team get a rich owner who throws big money at a handful of players out bidding much bigger clubs. Question for players and agents is - is it sustainable and is it the right move career wise?  Okay picking an extra £500 a week for 3 years but if it leads to subsequent relative obscurity and a large drop in wages at the next club then was it really a smart move?

8 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Aye some right dodgy folk in it. Just as well there are also some fine upstanding pillars of society in it too :spin:

On McManus was it not 1 year deal at Pittodrie v 3 years at Fleetwood? 

There have also been occasions when League 1 clubs have moaned about Aberdeen offering "silly money" to entice their players.

Seems that occasionally an apparently minnow team get a rich owner who throws big money at a handful of players out bidding much bigger clubs. Question for players and agents is - is it sustainable and is it the right move career wise?  Okay picking an extra £500 a week for 3 years but if it leads to subsequent relative obscurity and a large drop in wages at the next club then was it really a smart move?

An extra £500 p/w over 3 years is an extra £78,000. For a young man with a family that's a decent enticement.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

An extra £500 p/w over 3 years is an extra £78,000. For a young man with a family that's a decent enticement.

And an extra £7,500 per week over 3 years would be just shy of an extra £1.2 million. I'd settle for that.

This must be the best example yet of a thread about something completely unrelated being taken over by Aberdeen fans in only 2 pages. It's quite an achievement really.

Yer man scored again today, I noticed.

Edited by thewolf_1980

26 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

This must be the best example yet of a thread about something completely unrelated being taken over by Aberdeen fans in only 2 pages. It's quite an achievement really.

A player being linked with the famous is somehow unrelated to the famous?

I blame the Morton fans.

38 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Didn't realise there was a list of threads we can't post in.