Good Luck Yes Scotland - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Luck Yes Scotland

Just sending a message of support and love back home, on this biggest of days. Feel just a little ashamed that I haven't done more. Donated to Yes Scotland and tweeted prodigiously, but I'm not sure the tweets weren't just speaking to people who already agreed to be honest. That said, I did manage to push an undecided member of my extended family over the line this week. Over 65 as well!

Cannot begin to express my admiration for everybody who has played a part in the Yes campaign. To take this level of scorn, derision and abuse, the one-eyed bias of virtualy entire media and the machinery of the state, and still come through smiling and with every chance of winning, well "remarkable" doesn't even come close. So grateful to you.

Its a cheek for me to ask from so far away, but one last huge push people. You can do this.

And with that, I'll sign off with the words of Dougie MacLean, because nothing I can say can better them.

"Let me tell you that I love you, and I think about you all the time".

God bless.

Just sending a message of support and love back home, on this biggest of days. Feel just a little ashamed that I haven't done more. Donated to Yes Scotland and tweeted prodigiously, but I'm not sure the tweets weren't just speaking to people who already agreed to be honest. That said, I did manage to push an undecided member of my extended family over the line this week. Over 65 as well!

Cannot begin to express my admiration for everybody who has played a part in the Yes campaign. To take this level of scorn, derision and abuse, the one-eyed bias of virtualy entire media and the machinery of the state, and still come through smiling and with every chance of winning, well "remarkable" doesn't even come close. So grateful to you.

Its a cheek for me to ask from so far away, but one last huge push people. You can do this. :ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

And with that, I'll sign off with the words of Dougie MacLean, because nothing I can say can better them.

"Let me tell you that I love you, and I think about you all the time".

God bless.

As young Mr Strap and I were leaving pisspot control in Bremen, he asked for his passport to be stamped. (I know, he's like a bairn.) :-))

The official said: 'Yes... but only if you are voting 'Yes'.'

It would appear everyone, except the Establishment and Daily Maul readers, want Scotland to succeed. :D

To be honest, when abroad and hearing Irish, I always thought they'd be like-minded. I assumed they'd be good guys. They're generally not.

I don't even attempt to talk with them any more. They're similar to England or Australia - language is the only common factor these days.

The family of the lassie who sits next to me in work are Irish. She was saying that they are all staunch Nos as well. She's been saying that they have a large Irish cringe factor.

But let's not focus on those who are staucnh Nos.

There is still time for each and every one of us to convince one undecided of the benefits of a Yes vote. We are in the final hours of this campaign and we need to keep going until 10pm.

Let's do this. Deliver an independent sovereign nation we can all be proud of.