Jags v Celtic - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jags v Celtic

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Can't see the Celtic support - have the Jags given their home stand to the away support?  I'd be fcking raging if I had a season ticket in the Jackie Husband and the papped me out for the green pound. 

My boss is a Thistle fan and be told me that is what happens.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Can't see the Celtic support - have the Jags given their home stand to the away support?  I'd be fcking raging if I had a season ticket in the Jackie Husband and the papped me out for the green pound. 

When Saints gained promotion to the top flight way back when McD first opened our board did the same for the Old-Firm. A lot of fans were lost that year. It's still talked about in Perth as a reason for our shitey crowds. I know a lot of guys in my Dad's generation who having followed Saints their whole lives gave up going after it. I'm talking about hundreds of guys here. Not just a dozen or so. 

54 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

So far so bad for Dundee Utd today. Accies now winning at ICT and Aberdeen currently Donsing it again against Killie.

Sadly we Killied it after they Donsed it :(

Terrible day for us, badly need a win before the split now...

Good effort from our guys today - even if it wasn't good enough. Similar to Tuesday night in a lot of respects.

The bonus was being awarded a penalty and scoring our first penalty in two years.

Not to mention being awarded a penalty against Celtic - is that allowed?

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Good effort from our guys today - even if it wasn't good enough. Similar to Tuesday night in a lot of respects.

The bonus was being awarded a penalty and scoring our first penalty in two years.

Not to mention being awarded a penalty against Celtic - is that allowed?

Mate you're on glue Thistle were rotten and Celtic weren't much better.Did you see that curnt trying to tackle McGregor ? ???

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Time for bed TartanJon.

He's right though. 

Thistle looked rotten and frankly, completely scared of Celtic.

They certainly weren't the side they were during the week. 

Edited by Rossy

19 minutes ago, Rossy said:

He's right though. 

Thistle looked rotten and frankly, completely scared of Celtic.

They certainly weren't the side they were during the week. 

Yup. Thistle have now lost to Celtic 19 times in a row (according to commentator) and today, their players didn't even look like they thought they could get a result. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Thistle have now lost to Celtic 19 times in a row (according to commentator) and today, their players didn't even look like they thought they could get a result. 

First goal they've scored against Celtic for 2 years. They never once looked like they believed they could win. 

Like ICT, it seems easier for them to raise their game against Aberdeen. 

50 minutes ago, Rossy said:

First goal they've scored against Celtic for 2 years. They never once looked like they believed they could win. 

Like ICT, it seems easier for them to raise their game against Aberdeen. 

Only cos Aberdeen aren't as good as Celtic.  You're running them close and well done for that, but man for man Celtic are streets ahead - as they should be with 5 to 10 times the resources.   Goal difference is a good indicator I always think. 

I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt we'll see Aberdeen top of the league again before season's end. 

Edited by adamntg

It's practical to move stands. Solves issues with segregation, reduces potential trouble and gets more £ for club. Thistle fans ok with it at the moment. I have no great love for Jackie Husband Stand so don't mind moving.

Thought we were ok 1st half then gave away goal just before half time which killed us. 2nd half played as per usual standing off and giving to much respect.

Celtic are poor though compared to past seasons. There for the taking against stronger teams like Aberdeen and Hearts.