Liverpool v Man United - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liverpool v Man United

Looking forward to this match tonight.

Been watching the build up last few days and it's incredible the amount of Scottish players who used to grace this fixture........and now there is none.

Sad that considering a good majority of the superstars of yesteryear were Scottish. 

Anyway, gonna go for a 1-0 Liverpool win tonight but United to get through after the 2nd leg,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jock strap said:

it's incredible the amount of Scottish players who used to grace this fixture........and now there is none.

Indeed, the last couple of years must be the first time there's been no Scots involved in this game either on the park or in the dugout...

I've always been slightly underwhelmed by this 'rivalry'. It always seems slightly hollow and contrived and i've never watched a game involving both clubs and thought the atmosphere was incredible. They both have the same home colours for crying out loud, i mean what kind of rivalry is that?

Anyway, I despise both of them greatly, but I despise Liverpool slightly more so hope Man Utd go through. 

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've always been slightly underwhelmed by this 'rivalry'. It always seems slightly hollow and contrived and i've never watched a game involving both clubs and thought the atmosphere was incredible.

Probably why Sky spunk themselves over the Old Firm games. This is as close to them as you'll get in England...

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've always been slightly underwhelmed by this 'rivalry'. It always seems slightly hollow and contrived and i've never watched a game involving both clubs and thought the atmosphere was incredible. They both have the same home colours for crying out loud, i mean what kind of rivalry is that?

Anyway, I despise both of them greatly, but I despise Liverpool slightly more so hope Man Utd go through. 

There is a genuine hatred between both the fans and the cities.

Don't get me wrong, Mancs and Scousers can get along with each other, but it's very rare ?

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Probably why Sky spunk themselves over the Old Firm games. This is as close to them as you'll get in England...

4 minutes ago, jock strap said:

There is a genuine hatred between both the fans and the cities.

Don't get me wrong, Mancs and Scousers can get along with each other, but it's very rare ?

Maybe there is but it certainly doesn't translate into the atmosphere at the game. It's built up as one of the great rivalries in european football when the reality is it's not even one of the great rivalries in british football.

38 minutes ago, Mox said:

Maybe there is but it certainly doesn't translate into the atmosphere at the game. It's built up as one of the great rivalries in european football when the reality is it's not even one of the great rivalries in british football.

How many have you been to ?

I've been to plenty and the atmosphere is electric. 

2 hours ago, jock strap said:

Looking forward to this match tonight.

Been watching the build up last few days and it's incredible the amount of Scottish players who used to grace this fixture........and now there is none.

Sad that considering a good majority of the superstars of yesteryear were Scottish. 

Anyway, gonna go for a 1-0 Liverpool win tonight but United to get through after the 2nd leg,

Incredible Scottish managers anaw :ok:

Half time.

1-0 Liverpool but should be more.

LVG has got to make some major changes and stick a banger up some of those arses.

Thousands of pounds a week they get paid and I have seen better effort and passion on a Sunday morning with FC Pisscans v Alcoholic Athletic.

Edited by jock strap