Trains - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trains

Dalgety Bay TA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Just a heads up for anyone flying into CDG on the Friday, train tickets now on sale. 

On the 19.40 TGV to Metz, £16 a head. 

Cheers just booked the same for Thursday night:ok:

1 hour ago, tangerinetartan said:

Can only book Paris to Metz  won't let me book return any idea when the return opens up 

today is 03/03 and you can book trains up to and including 03/06 so nice and easy...

04/03 - 04/06

05/03 - 05/06

06/03 - 06/06

Looking for a bit of advice from anyone that knows about transfer times from the airport.  I get in to Charles de Gaulle at 1150 from Glasgow on the day of the game.  There's a TGV from Paris Est to Metz at 1340 - will that be enough time to make the Metz TGV?  I know it's about half an hour on the train from the airport to Paris Nord but I don't know how long it takes to get out the airport, to the airport train station, walk between stations in Paris city centre, etc. If it's a bit tight I'll book the next TGV and find a pub for an hour and a half.

16 minutes ago, Letherby said:

Looking for a bit of advice from anyone that knows about transfer times from the airport.  I get in to Charles de Gaulle at 1150 from Glasgow on the day of the game.  There's a TGV from Paris Est to Metz at 1340 - will that be enough time to make the Metz TGV?  I know it's about half an hour on the train from the airport to Paris Nord but I don't know how long it takes to get out the airport, to the airport train station, walk between stations in Paris city centre, etc. If it's a bit tight I'll book the next TGV and find a pub for an hour and a half.

We land at 16.20 and I had originally planned to get the 18.40 as aiming for the 17.40 would probably be cutting it too fine in case of any delays. However the 18.40 is the dearest train of the day so we will grab something to eat/drink in Paris and get the 19.40. I had banked on about 2 hours so I think yours is probably doable. I think its about 10 mins walk from GDN to Est.