What Routes Are People Taking? - Page 14 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Routes Are People Taking?

wanderer

Just checked oor flight Times and starting to panic.when we land at Istanbul we have just 1 hour & 5mins to board oor connecting flight to Tbilisi. On the way back it's 1 hour & 15 mins to board oor flight to London. Are we fecked?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked oor flight Times and starting to panic.when we land at Istanbul we have just 1 hour & 5mins to board oor connecting flight to Tbilisi. On the way back it's 1 hour & 15 mins to board oor flight to London. Are we fecked?

Are you connecting with the same airline? I have 35 mins to connect in Riga with Air Baltic so I emailed them and they said it would be fine.

With Turkish airlines, from Dublin and from Istanbul to Tbilisi. Air Baltic from Tbilisi to Riga then onto London. It's the Istanbul flight I am more worried about as I have never been in Istanbul airport and heard it's a nightmare to get through. 35 mins, haha!! I might be overly worried. Cheers

With Turkish airlines, from Dublin and from Istanbul to Tbilisi. Air Baltic from Tbilisi to Riga then onto London. It's the Istanbul flight I am more worried about as I have never been in Istanbul airport and heard it's a nightmare to get through. 35 mins, haha!! I might be overly worried. Cheers

We are Turkish from Gatwick to Istanbul the onto Tibilisi. I reckon the whole flight will be full of TA so they will wait if the Gatwick one is delayed.

Talk to the stewardess, ask if they can find out what gate your connecting flight is leaving from, helps cut out time wandering looking for boards.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just booked up from Katowice to Kutaisi for next Friday :)

Do you have any time in Katowice? If so, the only place to go is Mariacka street. Will be taking Bunnet there... pished within the hour :beer2:

We're in KTW from Saturday to Monday night then onwards to Kutaisi.

Do you have any time in Katowice? If so, the only place to go is Mariacka street. Will be taking Bunnet there... pished within the hour :beer2:

We're in KTW from Saturday to Monday night then onwards to Kutaisi.

I was in Katowice after the Poland friendly and stumbled upon Mariacka street. Pretty lively area.

Might have a few hours there this time round - traveling overland from Czech.

It's not the nicest looking city, but there are some great pubs and places to eat.

It's not the nicest looking city, but there are some great pubs and places to eat.

Need to agree with that. Some of the best pubs I've been to are in Katowice. Shame about the rest of the city although there's a lot of work going on and is one of the most upcoming cities in Poland.

Silesian's will also boast that their air is fresher than Krakow's :lol:

Need to agree with that. Some of the best pubs I've been to are in Katowice. Shame about the rest of the city although there's a lot of work going on and is one of the most upcoming cities in Poland.

Silesian's will also boast that their air is fresher than Krakow's :lol:

Ever been to Rybnik?

(looking at stopping there)

Aye, Silesian fresh air, heard that one before!

Have passed through it. A Polish mate in Malta is from there. She didn't like her home town! There is a big loch there with massive creatures in it apparently.

Sosnowiec and Bytom are places to avoid.

We're thinking about a day trip to Pszczyna on Sunday, possibly via Tychy for the brewery tour. The fresh, unpasturised beer from there is outstanding.

Have passed through it. A Polish mate in Malta is from there. She didn't like her home town! There is a big loch there with massive creatures in it apparently.

Sosnowiec and Bytom are places to avoid.

We're thinking about a day trip to Pszczyna on Sunday, possibly via Tychy for the brewery tour. The fresh, unpasturised beer from there is outstanding.

A lot of pubs in Czech now sell the unpasteurised beer - so might have to swing by the Tyskie Brewery and try theirs. Thanks for the tip!

I recommend Cieszyn for a night - the Polish side is quite respectable, walk 5 minutes from main square and you're on the Czech side full of dodgy bars and sex shops. Quite a contrast!