Daily Heil Hits A New Low? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daily Heil Hits A New Low?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what our two(possibly three)SNP bashing posters will say about this.

I'm with Pete Wishart on this one, I'm completely against Politicians holding second jobs, but for the Daily Mail to single out a surgeon when there are other much more sinister troughers lining the Labour and Conservative benches is hypocritical.

Yes, she's broken party rules but I'd ask the SNP not to judge her too harshly on this occasion, donating her earnings too a charitable organisation would suffice :ok:

Edited by Scunnered

Are people of Dr. Whiteford's ilk not required by the Medical Council to continue to 'practice' to keep their skills up-to-date?

In that case she should decide whether she wants to be a surgeon or a politician. I imagine her constituents would agree?

I'd have thought her constituents (and wider SNP voters) would be able to see the value of having a health spokesperson who actually works in the NHS from time to time.

Also I'd imagine her constitutants would have made their mind up when they endorsed her by voting for her at election time.

If they have an issue they will vote her out in May.

J

I'm sure no-one would grudge a few days a year to save lives.

It will come down to whether you agree that being an MP is a full time commitment or not. You can't pick or choose due to profession. I assume that the SNP agree with this stance as it forbids MP's from holding second jobs... I'm only going with what Pete Wishart says right enough and he does talk an awful lot of shite.

I'm with Pete Wishart on this one, I'm completely against Politicians holding second jobs, but for the Daily Mail to single out a surgeon when there are other much more sinister troughers lining the Labour and Conservative benches is hypocritical.

Yes, she's broken party rules but I'd ask the SNP not to judge her too harshly on this occasion, donating her earnings too a charitable organisation would suffice :ok:

It's hardly a second job. She covered a few shifts.

I'd recommend private healthcare if you have a problem with this particular case.

It will come down to whether you agree that being an MP is a full time commitment or not. You can't pick or choose due to profession. I assume that the SNP agree with this stance as it forbids MP's from holding second jobs... I'm only going with what Pete Wishart says right enough and he does talk an awful lot of shite.

If she only worked her 2nd job during allotted holiday periods I.e parliamentary recesses, then I don't see it means that being an MP is a full time job.

If she's a medical professional, then it's important to ensure she's keeping her skills up to date.

I believe it was during the Christmas & New Year holiday period, when MP's were off.

No.

If you ignore the context and just say they're all bad you're an idiot.

That's not very nice.

If she's a medical professional, then it's important to ensure she's keeping her skills up to date.

She's not a medical professional. She's a member of parliament.

And it's even worse when medics are criticised for practising medicine.

Again, she's not a medic. She's a member of parliament. She gave up her career as a medical professional when she became elected to a party which doesn't allow second jobs (and rightly so). It's a sorry indication of the state of the NHS in Scotland when public servants are being called in to perform surgery.

Edited by Scunnered

Have a proper discussion, Scunnered.

What's not proper? I disagree with politicians from any party holding second jobs. Remember last year when there was a vote in Parliament on it? SNP and Labour stood shoulder to shoulder and voted together only to be defeated by Conservatives propped up by the Lib Dems.

Getting grief for supporting SNP policy... This is a first for me.

Again, she's not a medic. She's a member of parliament. She gave up her career as a medical professional when she became elected to a party which doesn't allow second jobs (and rightly so). It's a sorry indication of the state of the NHS in Scotland when public servants are being called in to perform surgery.

No, she is both.

And she still doesn't have a second job.

Your posting today is a sad indication of education standards in Scotland.