Hibernian Vs St Johnstone, League Cup Semi-Final - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs St Johnstone, League Cup Semi-Final

I don't get this.

I can't remember Saints kicking up a fuss when they (apparently) agreed to giving Hibs a home game for the semi-final.

As soon as Tynecastle was announced, Hibs fans, the SPFL and everyone else started looking upon it as a home game for Hibs, with the 'natural;' assumption that they would get the vast majority of the tickets.

Saints went through this against Aberdeen at the same venue, and frankly I'm surprised that they're surprised that they're being shafted up the erse once again over this.

They should have insisted on Tannadice from the start, with something like a 6K/8K split.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this.

I can't remember Saints kicking up a fuss when they (apparently) agreed to giving Hibs a home game for the semi-final.

As soon as Tynecastle was announced, Hibs fans, the SPFL and everyone else started looking upon it as a home game for Hibs, with the 'natural;' assumption that they would get the vast majority of the tickets.

Saints went through this against Aberdeen at the same venue, and frankly I'm surprised that they're surprised that they're being shafted up the erse once again over this.

They should have insisted on Tannadice from the start, with something like a 6K/8K split.

It's the fact that we were promised more tickets if we sold our original allocation. A promise Rossy. To go back on that is well out of order.

It's the fact that we were promised more tickets if we sold our original allocation. A promise Rossy. To go back on that is well out of order.

I agree with you completely, don't get me wrong.

But by agreeing to have the game in Edinburgh...at a really cramped stadium....there was always a risk of Saints fans getting shafted.

I suppose a promise means nothing when the police have the last word.

Even though we could have sold thousands more ourselves, then what has happened to the Saints allocation is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems that in the planning stage they didn't look at the segregation issue....So it looks like the SPFL promised tickets initially to Saints in the planning then reneged on the Monday before after a meeting wi the polis Commander.... This after stalling the club for 2 weeks....So basically they have waited for the Police to be the villans ... All this has done is fecked the thought of segregation in the main stand as Saints fans have bought tickets in the area adjacent to their fellow fans. I just hope there are no incidents but if there are they are seen as a feck up by the SPFL and not a burden on the clubs...

Shafted because we are a wee club. It's happened for years. It will continue to happen.

By agreeing to Tynecastle the Saints board effectively committed the fans to 3.5K tickets or how many the stand behind the goals holds. They must have known that there would have been a clamour from Hibs fans for tickets, same as there was from Aberdeen fans 2 years ago.

I've got lots of sympathy for Saints fans here, but I do think that your own club should have been stronger in at least trying to insist on a more neutral venue.

By agreeing to Tynecastle the Saints board effectively committed the fans to 3.5K tickets or how many the stand behind the goals holds. They must have known that there would have been a clamour from Hibs fans for tickets, same as there was from Aberdeen fans 2 years ago.

I've got lots of sympathy for Saints fans here, but I do think that your own club should have been stronger in at least trying to insist on a more neutral venue.

They never really.

That stand has been shared countless times with mixed fans. I have been in it for a few Hearts/Killie games when the ground was getting done up.

If the SPFL promised them extra if needed then that's nothing to do with where the game is being played. If they needed extra and they were promised them fromt the outset, then they should have got them.

Only folk to blame are SPFL.

They never really.

That stand has been shared countless times with mixed fans. I have been in it for a few Hearts/Killie games when the ground was getting done up.

If the SPFL promised them extra if needed then that's nothing to do with where the game is being played. If they needed extra and they were promised them fromt the outset, then they should have got them.

Only folk to blame are SPFL.

Saints shared it for the Aberdeen semi last time around.

Saints should have been allocated the wheatfield as there are movable roller shutters to segregate the concourse if they couldn't sell the 6000 it holds and they could have had sole access. With any Hibs fans at the end of the stand getting access from McLeod st or Gorgie road.

Saints shared it for the Aberdeen semi last time around.

Saints should have been allocated the wheatfield as there are movable roller shutters to segregate the concourse if they couldn't sell the 6000 it holds and they could have had sole access. With any Hibs fans at the end of the stand getting access from McLeod st or Gorgie road.

mind you, if it wasnt for Hearts fans buying tickets for the St Johnstone end, maybe more of their fans could get in? :wink2: