Female Sports Journalists & Workplace Harassment - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Female Sports Journalists & Workplace Harassment

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Piers Morgan thinks it's been blown out of proportion then I'm in no doubt that things haven't gone far enough.

Chris Rogers on that ABC discussion is interesting about Gayle's "patterned" behaviour while at the Sydney Thunder (and he will be at Somerset with him next season) but the women are saying that it goes far wider than Gayle. She shouldn't need to call him a phud - she shouldn't be placed in that position.

If Piers Morgan thinks it's been blown out of proportion then I'm in no doubt that things haven't gone far enough.

Chris Rogers on that ABC discussion is interesting about Gayle's "patterned" behaviour while at the Sydney Thunder (and he will be at Somerset with him next season) but the women are saying that it goes far wider than Gayle. She shouldn't need to call him a phud - she shouldn't be placed in that position.

She's a journalist. .... Kate Adie goes to war zones....

Get over it love.... big bad world out there!

It's something I have no experience with, but listening to how the other female journalists react it is obviously upsetting and to continually be pigeon-holed based on gender must be terrible.

She's a journalist. .... Kate Adie goes to war zones....

Get over it love.... big bad world out there!

This post doesn't make sense to me. What is your point? If someone is suffering more than you, then you have no cause for complaint? Only the person with the worst conditions get to moan, or get legislated for. I'll stop guessing and let you tell us what your point is.

:blink:

No idea what being a journalist has to do with it. What difference that makes, or that someone else reported from war zone? Did sir peter de la billiere ask her on a date when she interviewed him??

Edited by phart

This post doesn't make sense to me. What is your point? If someone is suffering more than you, then you have no cause for complaint? Only the person with the worst conditions get to moan, or get legislated for. I'll stop guessing and let you tell us what your point is.

For clarity. .....

It's a non story..... no issue

How is she suffering?

No idea what being a journalist has to do with it. What difference that makes, or that someone else reported from war zone? Did sir peter de la billiere ask her on a date when she interviewed him??

No clue.... irrelevant

Do you not think men and women ask each other out on dates while one or both are working?

Big mountain out of a molehill

I never said call him one. A simple retort to him would've left him looking like one.

I never said call him one. A simple retort to him would've left him looking like one.

Yeah, sorry, you didn't. Point still stands though: she should not be placed in that position on live television while just trying to do her job.

For clarity. .....

It's a non story..... no issue

How is she suffering?

Clarity???

Ah right so what was all this Kate Adie and war zones stuff for then? Just random stream of consciousness? Get over it you said, now you're asking what she has to get over? (how is she suffering?)

Right we'll agree to disagree about the newsworthiness of the story. I'm struggling to understand what you mean. Which is cool as it's not important.

Yeah, sorry, you didn't. Point still stands though: she should not be placed in that position on live television while just trying to do her job.

Man asks woman out. She only needed to say one of three things. Yes, no or pish off.

No clue.... irrelevant

Do you not think men and women ask each other out on dates while one or both are working?

Big mountain out of a molehill

in front of the entire office on national television? I'd love to see some examples of this.

Suffering? So if someone isn't suffering its not an issue?

Women shouldn't be subjected to creeps while doing their job, journalist or not.

How is he a creep?.... is asking someone out on a date an issue today?

It's her job to interview people, she seeked him ..... he only ask her out!

Big deal.