Lanarkshire Derby Thread - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lanarkshire Derby Thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the highlights, admittedly the 1 camera MFCTV ones on a mobile phone, but the penalty decision is a harsh one!

He's turned side on to a shot from point blank range, and it's flicked off some part of his body (possibly arm?) on its way to its destination which was always row Z of the south stand.

Not sure how it can be deemed deliberate or a booking?

All 6 of them!

:lol:

A whopping 570-odd according to the stadium announcer! :P

Really enjoyable game, coupon up, just home, pished, only spoiled by the 35 quid taxi back home from Girdwoods in Wishae. Apparently it's still the holiday season, hence "double time". Pish. :)

Just saw the highlights, admittedly the 1 camera MFCTV ones on a mobile phone, but the penalty decision is a harsh one!

He's turned side on to a shot from point blank range, and it's flicked off some part of his body (possibly arm?) on its way to its destination which was always row Z of the south stand.

Not sure how it can be deemed deliberate or a booking?

Dodgy ref decision but that's football.

Thought it was tongue in cheek...anyway good support from both sides all the same.

Just watched the highlights and don't think it was a penalty. As sbc said it's going well over and you can tell by the reaction of players that they think it's a corner. Add to the fact the wee rat Crawford was still lucky to be on the pitch and it's a sore one to take.

Greg Aitken is another one to add to the list of shite refs. (Shite for both teams I thought)

Anyway 11 points from 15 and 12 goals scored. Things looking up for a change.

Motherwell fans having a pop at another set of fans for shite away supports? That's some brass neck.

Motherwell carry a decent enough away support in the central belt. Towards the tail end of last season we must've been averaging 1200 away fans. Despite our dreadful record at NDP we have outnumbered the home side every time I've been.

Actually the figure for Hamilton is pretty impressive considering it's about 1/3 of their core support.

Just watched the highlights and don't think it was a penalty. As sbc said it's going well over and you can tell by the reaction of players that they think it's a corner. Add to the fact the wee rat Crawford was still lucky to be on the pitch and it's a sore one to take.

Crawford thought he was getting a 2nd booking, you can see him turn round to protest his innocence, then realise he's got off with it and quickly turn and walk away.

If Lasley can deliberately block the ball with his arm from that range, Connor Ripley can go back to middlesborough!

The "foul" for accies 1st goal was never a foul, bit of a wild slide, but he completely misses. Accies player over runs it.

He did also miss what looked a clear hand ball by Mcdonald at the 2nd goal though...

Poor day at the office for the ref!

Crawford thought he was getting a 2nd booking, you can see him turn round to protest his innocence, then realise he's got off with it and quickly turn and walk away.

If Lasley can deliberately block the ball with his arm from that range, Connor Ripley can go back to middlesborough!

The "foul" for accies 1st goal was never a foul, bit of a wild slide, but he completely misses. Accies player over runs it.

He did also miss what looked a clear hand ball by Mcdonald at the 2nd goal though...

Poor day at the office for the ref!

Aye the ref made some curious decisions, none more so than only playing one minute of stoppage time at the end of a first half when Michael McGovern appeared to indulge in time wasting at every available opportunity once Accies went into the lead. McDonald's looked like a handball, as you say, and I was too far away from the last minute penalty to comment with any truthfulness but the reaction of both sets of players and the Accies bench suggested at the time that the ref got it right.

Also, kudos to Dougie Imrie for his light-hearted piss-taking of the rotund gentleman in the 3rd row of the East Stand just in front of where I was sitting after the big bloke started verbally abusing him. Lasted a good 30 seconds back and forth!

Motherwell carry a decent enough away support in the central belt. Towards the tail end of last season we must've been averaging 1200 away fans. Despite our dreadful record at NDP we have outnumbered the home side every time I've been.

Actually the figure for Hamilton is pretty impressive considering it's about 1/3 of their core support.

The 2 games at pittodrie last season you'd be lucky to have had 100 fans each time. Hence my comment.

The 2 games at pittodrie last season you'd be lucky to have had 100 fans each time. Hence my comment.

Yeah, to be fair, were they not both Friday night live TV games?

Pittodrie is one of our poorer attended away games, I'd imagine even on a Saturday at 3pm you'd be lucky to get 500.

Are we now to believe that 570 is a good away support for a local derby 2 minutes down the road?

For Hamilton, I think it's respectable.

They're fighting all the factors our teams are i.e being too close to Glasgow and playing in towns full of glory hunters, bigots or folk with a semi decent excuse for supporting the old firm, but they were also nomads for about 10 years, kicking about the lower leagues for 20 years.

Motherwell, St Mirren or Kilmarnock could've gone the same way if they'd been in hamiltons predicament.

Considering Accies only get 2,000 regulars at home, it's a bit shite to criticise them for getting a quarter of that attending an away game.

This country is full of oddball attendance obsessives.

To be fair, as much as I threw the 1st stone, I'm defending them.