Soyuz Capsule - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 minutes until the space shuttle takes off from Kazakhstan.

I'm not usually into things like this, but brilliant coverage. I'm not sure what they'll do when the astronauts take a pish outside the bus before they board the shuttle!!

Tim Peake seems like a good guy - I wish him all the best. His choice of music on the way up is Queen, U2 and Coldplay!!

I'm sure he's a good guy, but his musical taste is honking. Bowie, Hawkwind, even Elton, have dished out far better space-related fare.

Not sure if I would want to take "space related fare" with me when going into space.

Are you the kind of person who would sing this for the whole plane journey going on holiday to Barbados?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlxTxWNi7k0

Not sure if I would want to take "space related fare" with me when going into space.

Are you the kind of person who would sing this for the whole plane journey going on holiday to Barbados?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlxTxWNi7k0

Naturally. Who wouldn't?

It's a troo fak that I sing 'The Strand' by Roxy Music whenever I'm on the Strand in London - dunno how anyone could resist.

...and you thought a clever gent like me would fall for that.

Well, i have to say, I was expecting something a bit cleverer than that reply. :wink2:

I'm not sure he will be allowed back to the UK again. I just hope they don't decide to take him out with one of them super accurate British missiles.

Watched the coverage this evening, the 6 year old me would've been extremely jealous of Major Peake and the kids getting the day off school to scream "COME ON TIM".

The 46 year old version of me just got nostalgic for watching Apollo missions.......and Wimbledon when Britain were shite at tennis.

Watched the coverage this evening, the 6 year old me would've been extremely jealous of Major Peake and the kids getting the day off school to scream "COME ON TIM".

The 46 year old version of me just got nostalgic for watching Apollo missions.......and Wimbledon when Britain were shite at tennis.

Were you shouting that during Wimbledon a decade ago?

• 6 months later...

I couldn't help but notice the similarity between the landed Soyuz capsule and Wallace and Gromit's rocket !

And  of course they both worked very well :)