Better Together, Are They Sweating? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Better Together, Are They Sweating?

Despite media in their pockets the forces ofg No went into this campaign utterly complacent and highly negative.

Maybe the lack of Devo Max on the paper and a big poll lead meant they took their eye off the ball.

At the eve of the poll, with a result either way within a margin of error either way.

Ask youself, who should be bricking it ..it is a winner takes all...if we hold our nerve it will be the good guys

Despite media in their pockets the forces ofg No went into this campaign utterly complacent and highly negative.

Maybe the lack of Devo Max on the paper and a big poll lead meant they took their eye off the ball.

At the eve of the poll, with a result either way within a margin of error either way.

Ask youself, who should be bricking it ..it is a winner takes all...if we hold our nerve it will be the good guys

Even if we don't win, we are still the good guys. Sooner or later people who know the truth will come into the open, and tell how the UK Govt abused it's powers to put us down, how the BBC deliberately misreported events...there will be such a furore that even NO folk will demand we break away....it's a win win situation!

Yes they are.

I used to read the better together facebook fairly regularly just to see what they were conjuring up. I stopped a couple of months ago, but went on last week for a quick look and was quite taken aback to see they were still desperately trying to paint Salmond as a clown figure with his face on a coin. IMO it is a shockingly bad tactic, particularly at this late stage. The more information is being disseminated online, the less credibility the whole 'alex salminn is a liar' stuff stands up to scrutiny. And after the last TV debate, the amount of Salmond bashing I hear has notably decreased.

Their campaign is 1 dimensional, negative dross.

Oh and I've noticed the noisiest of No supporters are now trying their best to smear the Yes campaign/campaigners, or have adopted a cyber petted lip.

There has been a shift from negativity to outright smear in my view.

While I can understand people protesting against the BBC to an extent, I think this will have had a detrimental effect on the YES vote for some undecideds.

It has given the NO campaign ammunition to smear us with.

They've been sweating for the last fortnight since the YouGov polls and their tactics over the past week have been in sheer desperation with still no concrete plan, other than this "vow" in the Record, to make things better for Scotland.

Not sure about smears. I see Salmonds NHS line has been blown out the water today.

It's a really simple argument that if you get less money from Westminster because rUK are spending less on public services through privatisation, you have less money to spend on public services, including the NHS. Today's press stories on discussions of savings do nothing to that argument.

Not sure about smears. I see Salmonds NHS line has been blown out the water today.

No, it hasn't.

If anything it supports the Yes campaign's (not Salmond's...your obsession sometimes spills over) assertion that only under independence can we create the necessary funding to fully support the NHS in Scotland.

At the moment, we get our pocket money from Westminster and there's only so much that can go round. The Labour stooge who think he has another...yaaawn...smoking gun, is merely proving the point that the Yes campaign have been making all along.

No, it hasn't.

If anything it supports the Yes campaign's (not Salmond's...your obsession sometimes spills over) assertion that only under independence can we create the necessary funding to fully support the NHS in Scotland.

At the moment, we get our pocket money from Westminster and there's only so much that can go round. The Labour stooge who think he has another...yaaawn...smoking gun, is merely proving the point that the Yes campaign have been making all along.

nope. The SNP where planning cuts whilst blaming the Tories. This worked well up to a point. I imagine Salmond will cry press bias once again.

nope. The SNP where planning cuts whilst blaming the Tories. This worked well up to a point. I imagine Salmond will cry press bias once again.

Sigh.

In your bitterness, I don't think you understand the situation.

Scotland gets limited pocket money = Scotland has to make choices. The Yes campaign (not Salmond...do try and understand that) are saying due to the limited funds we get, it's inevitable that savings have to be made somewhere.

Independence = total control over our income = the increased ability to target funding.

All this leaked report has done.....and as I understand it, this is hardly a 'secret document', it was discussed openly at an NHS meeting.....is to confirm what the Yes campaign has been saying all along.

It's still rather sad and pathetic that with 2 days to go, the No campaign is still unable to come up with a positive vision of the future for Scotland. All you're trying to do is score points over Salmond.

I suspect that's why you'll lose.

I see the IFS have ignored the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership though...so not really blown out the water as you put it.

I see that they aren't bigging this up.. maybe because it will give US companies the right to fight for any service in the NHS.. The only way this doesn't happen if it is fully public funded.. So basically the NHS in England is fair game.... I wonder how many of the Westminster mob are on that payroll?

Hello... planning ahead for the cut to the budget forced by the coalition Government.. Is that not fiscal prudence... It's simple arithmetic if we only get so much due to cuts we can only spend so much...Pity certain parts of this Union didn't do that and we wouldn't be in this mess...

Sigh.

In your bitterness, I don't think you understand the situation.

Scotland gets limited pocket money = Scotland has to make choices. The Yes campaign (not Salmond...do try and understand that) are saying due to the limited funds we get, it's inevitable that savings have to be made somewhere.

Independence = total control over our income = the increased ability to target funding.

All this leaked report has done.....and as I understand it, this is hardly a 'secret document', it was discussed openly at an NHS meeting.....is to confirm what the Yes campaign has been saying all along.

It's still rather sad and pathetic that with 2 days to go, the No campaign is still unable to come up with a positive vision of the future for Scotland. All you're trying to do is score points over Salmond.

I suspect that's why you'll lose.

sigh all you want. The YES campaign where being economical with the truth. Its up to the voters to decide whether the NHS us safer under the Union or not.No amount of patronising guff from you will change that.

sigh all you want. The YES campaign where being economical with the truth. Its up to the voters to decide whether the NHS us safer under the Union or not.No amount of patronising guff from you will change that.

No patronising guff.

You've come on here directly from some BT forum with a raging hard-on because you all think you've found another scare story that's a vote winner.

The 'scare story' gets ripped to shreds in three or four lines and now you're pissed.

And FFS, try and spell 'were' correctly.

No patronising guff.

You've come on here directly from some BT forum with a raging hard-on because you all think you've found another scare story that's a vote winner.

The 'scare story' gets ripped to shreds in three or four lines and now you're pissed.

And FFS, try and spell 'were' correctly.

, hard to post by phone not being ripped to shreds. I don't belong to any forums on BT. Any luck in having threads removed you poor wee soul?

I see that they aren't bigging this up.. maybe because it will give US companies the right to fight for any service in the NHS.. The only way this doesn't happen if it is fully public funded.. So basically the NHS in England is fair game.... I wonder how many of the Westminster mob are on that payroll?

A lot of them, see http://socialinvestigations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/compilation-of-parliamentary-financial.html.

As I say to folk - invest in private healthcare. It stands to reason that our Westminster legislators, who have large interests in the sector, will not see their own investments fail.

, hard to post by phone not being ripped to shreds. I don't belong to any forums on BT. Any luck in having threads removed you poor wee soul?

Eddard, do you seriously believe that the NHS is safer whilst we're under Westminster control? Why?

Edited by the_burger

The SNP were flagging up that these cuts have been coming for years. How many times did we hear Alex Salmond talk about cuts that were deeper than those of Thatcher.

The Scottish Government have been running about putting out fires caused by Westminster cuts they can't do it for ever.

The most ridiculous thing about the recent campaigning has been the 'completely and utterly detached from reality' opinion/ smearing (cos that's exactly what it has become) of the No campaign in the last few days that the Yes campaign are paranoid, threatening and intimidating when it comes to their view of the so-called media bias. This is a genuinely outrageous claim. MSM,of course you've got a peaceful protest of 500 people outside the BBC HQ in Glasgow! We are having the fűcking kitchen sink thrown at as right now in terms of media manipulation!! Social media and a fantastically well organized ground campaign will have won this referendum for Yes. Fűcking. Kitchen. Sink!

Eddard, do you seriously believe that the NHS is safer whilst we're under Westminster control? Why?

that is a difficult one. Its not me they have to convince. I will listen to Salmond's response today about the spending cuts. If he brushes it off with the usual team Scotland pish then I will assume the story is bang on. From a personal point of view the politicising of the NHS lets the end user down.