Big Allocation? - Page 2 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Allocation?

Slide tackle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2016 at 3:35 PM, hannibal smith said:

why would we need 7k tickets minimum for this game :wacko:

It seems that 7k tickets would have been closer to the mark than the allocation we were given. A lot of 1 and 0 pointers never got anywhere near a ticket.

17 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

It seems that 7k tickets would have been closer to the mark than the allocation we were given. A lot of 1 and 0 pointers never got anywhere near a ticket.

The allocation we were given was enough.

the 0 and 1 pointers who never got a ticket can blame the SSC and the harvesters

6 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

When there are lets say 1000 people still looking for tickets then the allocation isnt enough

It is if there's 1000 people buying tickets with no intention of going.   

1 minute ago, mcrobs said:

supply and demand

if harvesters are to blame then i take it there will be next to no supporters at the game in Slovakia or Lithuania with reduced allocation

The full allocation for Slovakia will sell out and the Scotland section will be full as we've never played there before. 

Just now, mcrobs said:

supply and demand

if harvesters are to blame then i take it there will be next to no supporters at the game in Slovakia or Lithuania with reduced allocation

i would say more of the harvesters are on 2,3 and 4 points trying to secure a ticket for wembley by buying a £9 ticket for Malta

Slovakia and Lithuania wont get down as low as 5 points

Just now, aaid said:

The full allocation for Slovakia will sell out and the Scotland section will be full as we've never played there before. 

but what happens if 1000 tickets go to harvesters?

1 minute ago, hannibal smith said:

they are not interested about doing anything about it, thats the frustrating part 

Then this match was the perfect chance to show them up.Everyone should have bought home end tickets and only the harvesters would have bought threw the SSC and would have been caught when there was very few supporters in the away end

2 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

Then this match was the perfect chance to show them up.Everyone should have bought home end tickets and only the harvesters would have bought threw the SSC and would have been caught when there was very few supporters in the away end

if it was to be a 100% collection in Malta they would catch hundreds of harvesters

The SSC are not interested in that though, as long as the tickets get sold 

1 minute ago, bonzo said:

So dae you want to go back to sending your travel receipts to the ssc once you get home or 100% pick up? 

the travel receipts didnt really work as it was so easy to forge

a 100% pick up once in a while wouldn't be such a bad thing, the Italy game in Malta was the perfect opportunity, what was it 1200 ticket sold and 500-600 actually turned up for the game 

13 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

SSC could collect all ticket stubs from everyone that entered the ground and check when they got back

That's even worse, that encourages people to sell SSC tickets to non-SSC members. 

4000 was a great allocation and more than enough for the number of SSC members travelling.  However with the England game coming up it looks like the increase in people buying tickets and not going has been huge.  There will be a large amount of empty seats in Malta unfortunately.

11 hours ago, bonzo said:

So dae you want to go back to sending your travel receipts to the ssc once you get home or 100% pick up? 

11 hours ago, mcrobs said:

SSC could collect all ticket stubs from everyone that entered the ground and check when they got back

Anything that would involve extra admin work for the SSC is not going to be an option. Travel receipts are increasingly electronic, when I went to Metz both my boarding passes and my apartment reservation were on my phone on apps, possibly even my train tickets. The days of (most) people using paper for these things is past. And as has been pointed out, just because a ticket stub was at the ground doesn't mean the person who bought the ticket is.

In a game like this one, where people are staying in various locations, 100% pick up isn't an option as there is no one centralised location bar the stadium, which would be unworkable given the numbers supposedly travelling.