Nfl 2014/15 - Page 12 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TartanTeddy

I'm tipping them for promotion.

Is that you being silly again??? ?

TT

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Brandon Marshall - That is all :)

Could be a good deal for both teams - Bears get a 5th round pick, when many in Chicago thought he would simply be released into free agency. So that and the salary and cap relief are good for the Bears - and Fox is likely to go far more for the run and use Alshon Jeffrey as the wide out target. Plus he's a veteran with a range of quite interesting mental health issues, many of which he has conquered with incredible success.

For the Jets, he's clearly a big target at wide receiver and on his game he can be incredibly hard to stop. So if he's fit and mentally attuned, he will be a good asset - but there are a few ifs and but's, which is no real surprise as the Bears were looking to trade him.

Given Cutler is still there today, then we have him for another season at least. Again, probably no surprise given his contract and the fact there are few QB's out there who are available and better than Jay. So I guess we have to hope that Fox and Gase have a good plan, and I assume much of that will revolve around more running and better pocket protection.

My guess is the Bears will seek to toughen up this year and develop the squad with a few trades and some fairly conservative draft picks - we are heading back to a period of hard to beat but not particularly pretty football.

Look forward to seeing Brandon at Wembley though, and wish him every success in his pro career and fighting his own personal demons!!

TT

Marshall is a really good player, I just hope he gets a fair shake from the NY media. The Jets have plenty of money to spend, so they'll probably get a few more big names in on Tuesday/Wednesday. They might be pushing to raise themselves up to a third place finish in the AFC East this year.

They might be pushing to raise themselves up to a third place finish in the AFC East this year.

Chortle ...

It's no guarantee Geno will be there to pass to BM

Exciting times

I'm sorry to see Revis go, I still think that he is the best CB in the NFL. The JETS look like having a very good defense, which is the only way to go when you are so anaemic at QB.

Still time for that to be addressed - though was kinda thinking either Bradford or Foles which is now shot ...

Jets sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Texans

Not one of my favourites - always thought he was a bum under pressure

However he may fit the new system

Some very interesting draft trades and moves this week. Glad my packers have at least signed up Cobb and Baluga and we still have 33 million dollars under the salary cap. A new corner back will be our next big move. Looking good for next year! Go Pack Go!

Darelle Revis - that is all

Lot of money for a good player who might well have peaked last year. Interesting to see how it works out - similar in many ways to the Brandon Marshall trade. Could be great, could end up being a very expensive punt. Time will tell.

The Bears have gone with a couple of solid trades - outside my knowledge but the Bears forums seem to be very content with them, and I think they can be seen as the first stages in rebuilding the defence in a more traditional Bears style - to quote new OLB Pernell McPhee '“I’m violent, and that’s all you need, to be violent,” which is definitely something the Bears weren't last season and something they have to be going forward!

Draft is also going to be important to get the balance right in defence and to give more support to Cutler who's there for another season at least. Still think it's another couple of seasons of proper rebuilding though but at least we won't be run over by teams in the division as we have been more recently.

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

• 1 month later...

Heads up for the NFL draft

Starts Thursday about 12.30am Friday UK time

Live on Sky sports 1 & 3 from midnight

Edited by Ally Bongo

Jim White, wtf??

Anyway, should still be an exciting draft.

I'm predicitng the Bears will get Vic Beasley - which would be a great - though picks four - six will have us sweating as it's not really clear whose likely to go after the first three which are pretty much a lock.

Anyone fancy having a go at 1-10?

For me:

1. TB Jameis Winston

2. TT Mariota

3. JJ Leonard Williams

4. OR Amari Cooper

5. WR Dante Fowler

6 NJ Kevin White

7. CB Vic Beasley

8. AF Randy Gregory

9. NG Brandon Schreff

10 StR Danny Shelton

Obviously there could be a bit of trading picks, but top three stick, Oakland and the Jets go for the pick of the wide recievers, Bears go big on D. Big wild card is Shane Ray, who would certainly have gone top 10, and still might - but the cannabis test and his toe injury mean he is a potential bust, or could be the best deal on the board if he falls below top 15

TT