Footsoldier Lost - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footsoldier Lost

SheepieTartanArmy

Don't if I'm being too sentimental but we lost my grandfather tonight one of the oldest footsoldiers. He was there when we became unofficial world champions and was at many Scotland games Took me to France 98 without my folks knowing. Rip sorry for posting this

No need to apologise at all. Your Grandfather was obviously a good Scotland man. May he rest in peace.

Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like a legend for sneaking you to France haha. What a great memory to have. RIP and thoughts with you and your family.

Edit to add I did think this was going to be someone who still hasn't came home from Portugal.

Edited by Kirk

Sorry for your loss and definitely no need to apologise. You got me thinking about my own grandad who gave me his Scottish Rosette which had been to the '67 Wembley game. Different sort of culture in those days but I've still got that rosette. Don't see them nowadays!!

Take it easy.

Don't if I'm being too sentimental but we lost my grandfather tonight one of the oldest footsoldiers. He was there when we became unofficial world champions and was at many Scotland games Took me to France 98 without my folks knowing. Rip sorry for posting this

Sorry to hear your loss, RIP.

I have to admit, I'm wondering how long it took for your parents to notice you were gone :wink2:

You'll always carry him with you Sheepie, and you've given a tiny piece of him to us here too.

he just said we were going on a caravan holiday down didn't say where though haha. Cheers mate Edited by SheepieTartanArmy