Golfers Forum. - Page 24 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Are there no courses open near you?

Naw it's not that mate, I had to pack in the membership last year. Too much on. Family, work etc. I need to make do with work medals which are only once a month.

Wee one has started nursery now so should manage more midweek bounce games this season.

Naw it's not that mate, I had to pack in the membership last year. Too much on. Family, work etc. I need to make do with work medals which are only once a month.

Wee one has started nursery now so should manage more midweek bounce games this season.

Aye, you can't do everything. It's all about priorities. Before long the wee one will be out on the course with you. Before you know where you are he/she will be beating you off scratch and having to give their auld man shots. Get them started early. :ok:

Haha aye exactly mate. Tbh I didn't want to get 3 or 4 years down the line regretting not doing stuff with her. As you say priorities.

Like I say though, nursery should help and have sacked the second job too now.

I have her earmarked for the Olympics, as a gymnast, but I suppose golf wouldn't be the worst thing either ;)

Im still playing with my Dunlop putter, my dad "borrowed" my mizuno one about 7 years ago.

Need to upgrade my 3 and 5 woods, any suggestions?

I personally prefer taylormade,but it's all about what you're comfortable with.

Is there a range nearby,where you can try various ones?

I would say try a hybrid as opposed to a 5 wood,but again it's a personal choice.

And if you do get a chance to try various ones out,unless you really need them,keep a note of them and go online to buy them or even try for used ones.

Always much cheaper than pro shops tend to be.

...and you'll be a damn sight better putter than me.

It's been regripped about 3 times and had 2 new shafts and...............

There is only one reason why a golfer keeps changing their putter, and it's got nothing to do with the lump of metal in their hand.

There is a range close by but a poor selection of clubs if anything. Ayr is about the closest (25 miles)

Never played a hybrid, but would like to try.

Got a srixon z 745 driver, callaway warbird 3 and 5 wood but never really got on with them

Irons are nike vr

All bought from ebay

Putter is a Dunlop, bringing that badboy out is like bringing a knife to a gunfight

I still use a two-ball putter I got when they first came out. Must be about 11 or 12 years ago?

Irons are titleist 690. Again they will be about 10 years old. Paid £90 for them on eBay. Just got them regripped.

It's a 2 ball I've got now,had it about 7 years,fancy a change.

Managing to negotiate the M1 for my birthday. Going to range today to figure out which shaft. However, just got back from Abu Dhabi last week (anyone played there?) and was hitting my SLDR really well for the first time!

Went to the Euro Tour event for a couple of days and followed Richie Ramsey. Top bloke. Did pretty well too.

Aye, my mate works for BA on long-haul, and has become quite pally with Richie. Echoes your sentiments - cracking lad.

Just off to American Golf for the last day of the sales!

Not called Steve by any chance? From Bo'ness originally? Think he said he now lives in Barcelona if it's the same lad.....

Went on a golfing activities week with Richie in 1999 I think. He was in 4th year when I was in 2nd year. Great lad and good laugh. Never looked down on anybody.. He even stopped for a yap at Castle Stewart a couple of years ago during his practice round

He played off 4 when he was 15

So Richie must have half of BA following him at the moment! Two pilots, one of them the lad I described above, follow Richie a lot and are pretty matey with him now. We met them walking round the Abu Dhabi National following Richie - good lads.