Harvesting - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harvesting

RETRO

But if you therefore got a ticket for a game that sold out at 8/9 points,you would then possibly be benefitting through having a point where you punted the ticket to someone else.

I haven't got a ticket for a game that sold oot at 8/9 points though ?

But you accumulating a point for a ticket that you're not going to use may get you one in the next campaign,when the allocations will be tight.

If you could read properly,you would understand that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ame="RETRO" post="216458" timestamp="1443257428"]

Yeah yer right I should have read that the way you think ffs, it's no the end of the world ???

But you accumulating a point for a ticket that you're not going to use may get you one in the next campaign,when the allocations will be tight.

ame="RETRO" post="216458" timestamp="1443257428"]

He is going to the game for sake. It makes no difference which particular piece of paper he uses to facilitate entry to the ground. Or which particular piece of plastic he parks his arse on.

If you could read properly, you would understand that.

He is going to the game for sake. It makes no difference which particular piece of paper he uses to facilitate entry to the ground. Or which particular piece of plastic he parks his arse on.

If you could read properly, you would understand that.

He bought a ticket to gain a point.

He is not using said ticket.

That's against the rules.

Simple.

Simple.

I bought a ticket to watch Scotland as I have done for many many years spending money that could have paid my mortgage of 3 times over. I feel quite bad now that you class me as a rule breaker, many have classed me as a bawbag. Can't please everybody every time ?

Simple.

Which rules? Yours?

Here are the only SFA SSC terms and conditions relating to away match points that I can see (see in particular 4.10 and note that he is attending the match and will be able to fulfil every other requirement):

4.8 The issuing of an Away Match ticket is conditional on each Member producing to the Scottish FA copies of valid travel documentation as may be notified bythe Scottish FA from time to time.

4.9 It may be necessary from time to time for a Member to collect their Away Match ticket locally in the city where the Away Match is taking place. The ScottishFA will advise each Member where to collect their ticket in advance ofthe match kick off time and they will be asked to present theirMembership Card or a valid Passport for identification purposes before a ticket will be issued.

4.10 If a Member does not collect their Away Match ticket and does not advise the Scottish FA, or such person authorised by the Scottish FA, prior to the match kick off timethat he/she will not collect the ticket nor attend the match, that Members membership to the Supporters Club may be suspended or terminated by the Scottish FA forthwith with no refund payable.

Which rules? Yours?

Here are the only SFA SSC terms and conditions relating to away match points that I can see (see in particular 4.10 and note that he is attending the match and will be able to fulfil every other requirement):

4.8 The issuing of an Away Match ticket is conditional on each Member producing to the Scottish FA copies of valid travel documentation as may be notified bythe Scottish FA from time to time.

?

4.9 It may be necessary from time to time for a Member to collect their Away Match ticket locally in the city where the Away Match is taking place. The ScottishFA will advise each Member where to collect their ticket in advance ofthe match kick off time and they will be asked to present theirMembership Card or a valid Passport for identification purposes before a ticket will be issued.

?

4.10 If a Member does not collect their Away Match ticket and does not advise the Scottish FA, or such person authorised by the Scottish FA, prior to the match kick off timethat he/she will not collect the ticket nor attend the match, that Members membership to the Supporters Club may be suspended or terminated by the Scottish FA forthwith with no refund payable.

?

Which rules? Yours?

I think we all know that it means you attend the match with said ticket,but you use a loophole to try and be smart.

I'm cool with it.

I think we all know that it means you attend the match with said ticket,but you use a loophole to try and be smart.

I'm cool with it.

Schooled not only by common sense but facts as well oh my, glad it's all cool now ?

Why does it matter if he uses piece of paper A or piece of paper B to acces the stadium?

He is attending the match.

A harvester is someone who buys a ticket but has no intention of travelling to the venue nor attending the match and does so with the sole intention of gaining an away point without having to make the effort to actually go.

Once again, he is going to the match. He can no doubt produce travel documents. He will be able to collect if selected. No rules broken. Not a harvester.

Why does it matter if he uses piece of paper A or piece of paper B to acces the stadium?

???

He is attending the match.

A harvester is someone who buys a ticket but has no intention of travelling to the venue nor attending the match and does so with the sole intention of gaining an away point without having to make the effort to actually go.

Once again, he is going to the match. He can no doubt produce travel documents. He will be able to collect if selected. No rules broken. Not a harvester.

I'm cool with it.

So, to close this "loophole", the SFA should add an extra condition, reading something along the lines of...

The Member should absolutely not spend hundreds of pounds to travel to the match, buy 2 tickets (even if doing so is NOT denying someone else a ticket) and then attand the match using the ticket of his choice.

As RETRO has already pointed out, common sense and facts. I'm out now. Carry on being ridiculous.

The irony of all of this is RETRO will probably get breathalysed and denied entry from the mixed section and get in fine using his official away ticket. Everyone's a winner.

So, to close this "loophole", the SFA should add an extra condition, reading something along the lines of...

The Member should absolutely not spend hundreds of pounds to travel to the match, buy 2 tickets (even if doing so is NOT denying someone else a ticket) and then attand the match using the ticket of his choice.

As RETRO has already pointed out, common sense and facts. I'm out now. Carry on being ridiculous.

The irony of all of this is RETRO will probably get breathalysed and denied entry from the mixed section and get in fine using his official away ticket. Everyone's a winner.

Yep, sounds about right ??? ???

I'm more satisfied that you are completely missing the point about the next campaign.

You've ordered a ticket you're not using,ok,it didn't sell out,there's not a clamber for tickets for this one,but,you are gaining a point for something you're not using which may help you out in the next campaign,but your heads so far up your own arse,you don't want to acknowledge you may be cheating someone later.

Edited by dandydunn

I'm more satisfied that you are completely missing the point about the next campaign.

You've ordered a ticket you're not using,ok,it didn't sell out,there's not a clamber for tickets for this one,but,you are gaining a point for something you're not using which may help you out in the next campaign,but your heads so far up your own arse,you don't want to acknowledge you may be cheating someone later.

Maybe he should use his SSC ticket then, and watch the first five minutes before leaving the ground and reentering to sit beside his wife.

I'm assuming there are no rules about how long before the end you can leave?

That's me telt then. ?

I'm cool with it.

Mate of mine ####ed his knee up in Brussels, after a morning in Belgian A&E on match day and a dose of tamasapan, he was on crutches and obviously unable to make it to the game. I sold his SSC ticket on to a friend who had a mate who didn't have a ticket.

Was my mate a harvester? He was there in Brussels and could (at a push) have produced his membership card and collected his ticket.

J

Mate of mine ####ed his knee up in Brussels, after a morning in Belgian A&E on match day and a dose of tamasapan, he was on crutches and obviously unable to make it to the game. I sold his SSC ticket on to a friend who had a mate who didn't have a ticket.

Was my mate a harvester? He was there in Brussels and could (at a push) have produced his membership card and collected his ticket.

J

Naw ?

who's he cheating ? he's getting a point for a game he attended which will entitle him to future games

I know folk who have ordered tickets for games as an investment for future tournaments, with no intention of going to games - that's harvesting

Now - I got told once, by someone who i have no reason to disbelieve , that 1 of her work colleagues in 2007 had 10 points and attended no games, but was selling on his tickets (likely for face value ) with sole purpose to go to future tournaments or high profile games

J

He intended to use the ticket.

The op doesn't.

Big difference.

He intended to use the ticket.

The op doesn't.

Big difference.

What if I go in to the Scotland end, walk oot, sit wae ma wife with the GFA ticket. That would deny a Scotland fan the chance of a seat wae the tartan army, do you think that is right. I am on the points I am on simply going to friendlies, such as Cyprus, Sweden, Slovenia, that mob etc... If I could let a fellow fan go through the same passion that is being a Scotland supporter in the Scotland end (we have all been there), I have to do it in this case. It took me 3 years to get on the points ladder in the early noughtees,(don't quote me, I think you will though) you have never been in a better position to get on the ladder as you have been in the last 2 years. Nae offence, it's people like you that make something oot ae Feck all. Do you fancy a pint in Portugal ???