Bribe For Lewandowski Crock!? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bribe For Lewandowski Crock!?

dougiemacfarlanearran

Craig Brown used to tell a good story on his after dinner circuit act.....

Scotland are playing France and Brown goes up to Craig Burley and drills in "Go in hard on Zidane... studs showing.... high feet.... do not hold back.... take him out...".... Burley replies "but boss, I will be sent off?"... to which Brown says "who do you think will be worse off, France without Zidane or Scotland without Craig Burley?" :-))

Looking forward to seeing him play.Looking more forward to Hanley dealing with him. :unsure:

As one of my Irish colleagues said on here......cut the supply to him and ye have won half the battle.

We cut off his supply in Dublin and his presence was not felt in our game.

I'm sure Strachan will have paid close attention as to how we stifled him in dublin and will look to follow suit.

A fantastic player though. .....if only he was called Robert O'Lewandowski (;

As one of my Irish colleagues said on here......cut the supply to him and ye have won half the battle.

We cut off his supply in Dublin and his presence was not felt in our game.

I'm sure Strachan will have paid close attention as to how we stifled him in dublin and will look to follow suit.

A fantastic player though. .....if only he was called Robert O'Lewandowski (;

Or Robert Cascarino ? :wink2:

Craig Brown used to tell a good story on his after dinner circuit act.....

Scotland are playing France and Brown goes up to Craig Burley and drills in "Go in hard on Zidane... studs showing.... high feet.... do not hold back.... take him out...".... Burley replies "but boss, I will be sent off?"... to which Brown says "who do you think will be worse off, France without Zidane or Scotland without Craig Burley?" :-))

when would that have been (the game)? maybe that was a dream, you'd need a jug of vodka and thai red bull to keep you awake listening to craig brown after a 3 course meal or just a bag of 10p space raiders.

Edited by LewisEDI

when would that have been (the game)? maybe that was a dream, you'd need a jug of vodka and thai red bull to keep you awake listening to craig brown after a 3 course meal or just a bag of 10p space raiders.

I suspect he will be talking about the 97 away game or the 2000 game at Hampden (but being a tad poetic with the truth)