Aberdeen V Hamilton - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Hamilton

I get the impression that people just deliberately make things up.....things like we think that there's a gulf between the teams and that we all want fans of other clubs to support us. And they keep on repeating these things as if they believe them... :lol:

Anyway, away from that drivel. Last night was always going to be our hardest game of the season....coming down from Saturday with a home game we're expected to win against a 'smaller' (no offence Ally) team is the kind of game where we've dropped points for years now.

Hamilton were organised and hard-working and very difficult to break down, and I'm convinced that playing Flood disrupts the balance of the team to the point that he almost negates McLean and Jack. It was probably our worst performance of the season, but a good 3 points.

We'll have to be much, much better on Sunday though.

If it was worse than Partick then it was bad because that was the worst I've seen Aberdeen since the 3-0 game at Hamilton last year.

Celtic game aside Aberdeen have been pretty rotten this season but keep winning

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't poor compared to the rest of the teams though, that's the difference. You can easily win a few games by playing badly and being lucky, or even through force of will. You surely won't win enough to win the league unless you're generally playing well.

Indeed. But we are a good team. We will eventually start playing better and, in particular, be more fluent in an attacking sense.

Whether we win the league or not is another matter but i do expect our performances to improve (although our results will obviously falter at some stage).

Aberdeen's recent consistency is remarkable when you consider we are actually 2 points better off than this stage last season. I think I'm still more annoyed that we didn't sign a striker in the window than the defeat at todders.

Must be mistaken i thought you signed Ciftci.

Thought we done well in the first half but as has been mentioned I think we run out of steam a wee bit in towards the end.

The young guy that played right back looks a talent, Mcgloghlin(?). His will to get forward last night was excellent.

Willie Miller mentioned on the radio after the game that we're struggling to get balls into the box and I think he's right. Mcginn and Hayes on the wings, although have been playing well need to get more deliveries into Rooney IMO.

Hearts on sunday should be an absolute cracker, but a game I'm fearing a wee bit. Tynecastle has always been a struggle for us, and I dont actually think I've seen us win there in the past few years (Semi final aside).

Fine time to be a don though...

Is there actually any basis for this? Surely if you're playing well and winning then you've a much better chance of winning the league?

I'm presuming the basis is that even on an off day you're capable of grinding out a result.

If you can win even when you play badly, you're not going to drop many points.

I often think fans (myself included) and the media don't give enough credit to the other team. By all accounts Hamilton have done a good job of stopping Aberdeen from playing well, as opposed to Aberdeen playing badly.

I've had this debate before, but at Motherwell when we finished 2nd, we just had a good group of players who had mastered being slightly less shit than the opposition.

There was a bit more to it than that, and Aberdeen do have a stronger squad than Motherwell did, but there's not a lot between 2nd and 12th (watch out for odds of 6/1 and the likes for teams to beat Aberdeen, as theres not enough between any 2 teams excluding Celtic to justify that price!)

There was a bit more to it than that, and Aberdeen do have a stronger squad than Motherwell did, but there's not a lot between 2nd and 12th (watch out for odds of 6/1 and the likes for teams to beat Aberdeen, as theres not enough between any 2 teams excluding Celtic to justify that price!)

I agree, 2nd-12th teams are all pretty much on the same level.

If it was worse than Partick then it was bad because that was the worst I've seen Aberdeen since the 3-0 game at Hamilton last year.

Celtic game aside Aberdeen have been pretty rotten this season but keep winning

Well if this is rotten goodness knows what I have been watching up until now!

Yet absolutely nowhere near your levels as im sure most will agree

Aberdeen have home advantage coming off the back of beating Celtic

Accies coming off the back of a slippering from St Johnstone

A penalty decides the outcome of the game

Aberdeen with home support have 9 Shots on goal - 6 on target and 54% possession

Accies have 8 shots on goal - 3 on target and 46% possession

You can make all the excuses you like but while your win was deserved and you were the better team (see that ?) there aint no massive gulf - there isnt between many teams in the SPL

We'll see how you do at NDP in a few weeks time. Im sure the massive gulf will be evident in that game ?

Aberdeen 11 points above Hamilton after 8 games.

Not much better than them though...

Aberdeen 11 points above Hamilton after 8 games.

Not much better than them though...

He's right about there being no massive gulf. There is a massive gulf in terms of finance between Celtic and the rest but in a playing sense there isn't. It's always been tight-ish. If Aberdeen go and lose to say Saints when they next play, it won't really be massively surprising, will it? It will be a disappointment, I'm sure losing to us when you are playing good stuff this year. But it won't surprise because the gulf really aint that massive.

He's right about there being no massive gulf. There is a massive gulf in terms of finance between Celtic and the rest but in a playing sense there isn't. It's always been tight-ish. If Aberdeen go and lose to say Saints when they next play, it won't really be massively surprising, will it? It will be a disappointment, I'm sure losing to us when you are playing good stuff this year. But it won't surprise because the gulf really aint that massive.

There's a massive difference between Aberdeen and Hamilton. How many games have Hamilton won in 2015, compared to Aberdeen? There's a smaller difference between aberdeen and St Johnstone.

There's a massive difference between Aberdeen and Hamilton. How many games have Hamilton won in 2015, compared to Aberdeen? There's a smaller difference between aberdeen and St Johnstone.

I wouldn't say massive. A difference, obviously but it depends on what's interpreted as massive.

I wouldn't say massive. A difference, obviously but it depends on what's interpreted as massive.

I guess. In the same way there's a massive difference between Man city and West Ham. West Ham are capable of beating City in a one off game but City are a far better team, which will be shown in final points totals and league positions.

I guess. In the same way there's a massive difference between Man city and West Ham. West Ham are capable of beating City in a one off game but City are a far better team, which will be shown in final points totals and league positions.

I get your point and as you know, that was what I was meaning. If Aberdeen played Saints for example next week and lost 2-0 I don't think it would be a massive surprise. A surprise yes, given how you are playing but certainly not massive.