Lowest For Years - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest For Years

kumnio

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are probably about the poorest we have been ever with strachan making the best of a very limited talent pool. About third or fourth seeds is about our level and anything extra a bonus.

Georgia was really poor but thought tonight was a decent effort to say the least.

It had that feeling of if germany needed to win by four goals they could have done... I aleays thought if we scored they would score another

Aye, it was no coincidence that they got goals within a few minutes of us scoring. Looked like they were doing just enough and upping their game when required...

Would yere performance tonight give ye optimism to take 3 pts against poland?

Have yet to watch ye're game against germany as Im just back from our game and too tired to read back on all the posts :)

Tbh, I just don't know.

It was a massive improvement tonight in comparison to Friday. If we played like tonight then, I have total faith in saying we would have beat them.

You lot keep pulling wee cards out and getting results. Fair play on you.

No offence, I hope your hands are all played out so we get a wee bit of luck and pip you to 3rd.

No dis-respect ( as you know )... But needs must :lol:

Tbh, I just don't know.

It was a massive improvement tonight in comparison to Friday. If we played like tonight then, I have total faith in saying we would have beat them.

You lot keep pulling wee cards out and getting results. Fair play on you.

No offence, I hope your hands are all played out so we get a wee bit of luck and pip you to 3rd.

No dis-respect ( as you know )... But needs must :lol:

No offence or disrespect taken mate....business end of the group now....we each gotta do what we gotta do :-))

Going on Toepoke's comment - it sounds very much like the germany of old - i.e controlling the game and waiting to pounce.(they are so good at that)

Ill take a look at ye're game tomorrow and see if we can take any solace/hope out of ye're performance against them for our upcoming game against them

I think poland are a good side... Better than us unfortunately. Thats not to say that at home we cant beat them.

They are slightly better than scotland and Ireland - but definitely not light years........while they have a couple of fantastic players....their overall play is nothing spectacular and they can be quite workman like in their style of play.

While not saying it is going to happen....I have plenty of grounds for belief that Ireland could get a result against them. The same could be said for scotlands game against them

jock strap, on 08 Sept 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

Might be in relation to conceding a deflected goal or not getting a penalty for the foul on Fletcher which was just inside the box ?

Our first goal was an OG. The foul (was on Mulgrew) did look inside the box (i've not seen it again on TV) but no way could we be called unlucky last night. We were comprehensively outplayed by a far better team.

Our first goal was an OG. The foul (was on Mulgrew) did look inside the box (i've not seen it again on TV) but no way could we be called unlucky last night. We were comprehensively outplayed by a far better team.

Agreed. The score didn't reflect the game. Comprehensively outplayed. Some of their one touch stuff was superb.

Yep. Pretty grim from Strachan.

I'm surprised some people think that if we played like that on Friday, we'd have won. All we did last night was run about. Chasing the man, chasing the ball, watching them knock it about with ease... All from 10 yards away. Don't get me wrong, the players worked hard but it needs more than that. We'd need to have a first touch, be able to pass the ball, to retain possession, have a bit creativity about it. I'm actually stunned we scored two goals last night... Or rather, Germany gave them away.

I was worried about Darren Fletcher in to the game last night but he might represent the only player we have who can actually pass the ball with intent. He didn't even get a sniff. Really worried for the squad now - the introduction of Chris Martin seemed designed to remind us all that this is really how bad it's gotten. I'm worried Strachan doesn't want it anymore and is talking his way out of the job.

Given the entire home nations will be there next year apart from us and this was supposed to be the enlarged tournament we made it to, this is definitely a new low.

Would yere performance tonight give ye optimism to take 3 pts against poland?

Have yet to watch ye're game against germany as Im just back from our game and too tired to read back on all the posts :)

It would have had we not been so abject on Friday.

One of the problems seems to be dealing with pressure, the players just couldn't do that on Friday. Last night with the pressure off there was far more spirit and a much better performance.

I know we had to win but it was the world champions with some of the best players in the world who are light years ahead of us and expected to turn us over so the pressure is negated in that sense compared to Friday.

Now with the absolute must win pressure back on I don't think the players will be able to hack it.

Totally agree with the spanking handed out. Thought it was Fletcher inside the box ?

Might be in relation to conceding a deflected goal or not getting a penalty for the foul on Fletcher which was just inside the box ?

But we scored from it anyway so the luck part didn't matter.

I also agree it was a desperate assessment of that game from Strachan. I have never been so flat at a game, realising how far we were behind them. He should take a look at the possession stats, that will tell him it was nothing to do with luck.