Is Tblisi Any Good? - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Tblisi Any Good?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbilisi is a great city - really enjoyed it last time and never had any bother or anything but good intent from anyone. Plenty to see just by walking about and there were plenty bars etc.

By the way, for those of you worried about stomach upsets etc - have you ever wondered why there are Coca-Cola machines on almost every street corner in in so many lesser developed countries?

I don't know why stomach upsets are suddenly the topic of this trip. Everyone knows not to drink tap water in any country you go to. If it is drinkable to the locals then it's still never a good idea for us.

Stick to beer and then at least you know why you're unwell!

You can drink the water that comes out of a tap in most countries - it's not poisoned. What gives people the upset is the change in the mineral content in the water - your guts get used to the water you consume at home. And if you stick to beer you'll still be drinking water.

You can drink the water that comes out of a tap in most countries - it's not poisoned. What gives people the upset is the change in the mineral content in the water - your guts get used to the water you consume at home. And if you stick to beer you'll still be drinking water.

Yes, I agree to the first bit 100p! But not the second part, I drink beers from around the world all of the time, I don't worry about the local water used! :cheers3:

have you ever wondered why there are Coca-Cola machines on almost every street corner in in so many lesser developed countries?

Cos the weather is hot? :P

Seriously though, i'm a wee bit worried about getting the lurgy. Hell, i'm the guy that ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with pneumonia after the last time we played in Amsterdam!

Like bristolhibby said though, a lot of these mystery illnesses will just be caused by too many days on the batter. Gonna try and take it easy(ier) this trip.

Cos the weather is hot? :P

Seriously though, i'm a wee bit worried about getting the lurgy. Hell, i'm the guy that ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with pneumonia after the last time we played in Amsterdam!

Like bristolhibby said though, a lot of these mystery illnesses will just be caused by too many days on the batter. Gonna try and take it easy(ier) this trip.

I've already got 4 boxes of dioralyte packed! Keep hydrated before you go to bed then in the morning before you get on it again and that should help! Mixed in bottled water of course!

I've already got 4 boxes of dioralyte packed! Keep hydrated before you go to bed then in the morning before you get on it again and that should help! Mixed in bottled water of course!

Does dioralyte work? Think i might have to try some. Forecast is for 37 degrees tomorrow. Heat like that on a TA trip could well be the end of me! :-)):blink:

Does dioralyte work? Think i might have to try some. Forecast is for 37 degrees tomorrow. Heat like that on a TA trip could well be the end of me! :-)):blink:

They were saying during the Super Cup final that is was 26C at something like quarter to midnight local time during the match.