Celtic Guaranteed To Win Every League Game, And The Treble - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Guaranteed To Win Every League Game, And The Treble

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early doors of course but I can't see you boys being within 15 points of them come May. Looking at 25 + points for anyone else.

Hope I'm wrong mind.

Probably true, but it smacks of ignorance and arrogance from Collins.

He's an idiot. We can't seem to score past 2 goals against bottom 6 clubs. Still think we should be getting 90 plus points and 100 plus goals.

Probably agree with that given the difference in resources compared with everyone else in the league. In fairness, from what I seen yesterday you gave them a bit of a doing. Only seen the first half mind you.

Probably true, but it smacks of ignorance and arrogance from Collins.

Agree again. I can never mind him being this much of a bellend as a player. He was certainly one of the Tims I had a good bit of respect for.

So Celtic's strategy is to buy the best attackers from other Scottish teams, then moan that other Scottish teams don't have very good attackers?

That's monumentally ing dumb.

To a certain extent of course, Collins is correct. He could have been a lot more diplomatic about it though.

Already (and it's only my opinion) the general level of the league looks weaker this season. I think Aberdeen are stronger, Dundee look decent and Hearts will compete well, but I suspect that the likes of United, ICt and St Johnstone are going to be poorer this season than last....with the rest of the teams just happy to finish between 6th and 11th.

Most of the games, Celtic will stroll through at half pace.

Frankly, it's up to Aberdeen this season to beat Celtic. If we could even win 2 of the 4 games against them the league will be much tighter than most expect.

The cups....as has been shown over the last 10 years or more...are (thankfully) a lottery and will probably provide the most interest this season.

Edited by Rossy

As soon as some says 'no disrespect' whatever comes out their mouth next should be disregarded on the basis that they are not intelligent enough to construct their opinions without causing offence.

To an extent what he is saying is correct, however it also cuts both ways. Because we dominate games and create lots of chances we are very wasteful up front. We snatch at shots, make terrible decisions and Izzy may be the worst crosser of the ball in the history of football. All that is forgotten because another chance is usually a few minutes away. In Europe when we only get a handful of chances, we squander them and look very toothless up front. We then all say that we need a 'top striker' to put those chances away, when in reality we just need to be much more clinical. If the ball falls to you in the box and you can take a swing at it, it doesn't matter if you are playing for Celtic at Parkhead against Aberdeen, or in Baku or at Linlithgow Rose, you should be getting your shot on target. I would much rather we spoke about our own failings as a club.

However, John Collins is a bawbag.

I can only go by reports and the couple of games I've seen but I don't think you are too far off with that assessment. One thing that is notable, is Celtic are a much more settled side than they were this time last season. Defeats at home to Hamilton, for example, won;t happen this season IMO so you boys really are going to need to step up to the plate when you play each other.

When it comes down to it I think Aberdeen lack belief when it comes to making the next step, whether that be Europe, challenging Celtic to the title or even just beating them. You established yourself as the second best team just now, but it's like you are just content to leave it at that.

It's probably not what John Collins says, but how he says it.

I'm sure there's plenty john Collins can teach players, but he seems to have an arrogance that seeps through at times.

The fact Celtic have raided Dundee United for all their attacking talent, then complain about a lack of good attackers in the league is a bit hypocritical too!

What did Collins say that isn't true, please?

Most of it coupled with the way in which he said it.

I have a much better car than you have, I don't know you or what kind of car you have, but I'm prepared to say this with a certain amount of arrogance, knowing it's probably true.

It's probably not what John Collins says, but how he says it.

I'm sure there's plenty john Collins can teach players, but he seems to have an arrogance that seeps through at times.

The fact Celtic have raided Dundee United for all their attacking talent, then complain about a lack of good attackers in the league is a bit hypocritical too!

If United had GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Gauld and Robertson, as they did on 30th June last year, with another year's experience under their belts you would hope that they could have a reasonable tilt at the league. They don't, and they never will be able to retain that talent for long enough to build a team. It's not Celtic's fault, it's the inequitable distribution of money in football and the shift of power from clubs to players that have created the situation.

What Collins says is strictly speaking correct, but I'm not sure what he would suggest as a remedy? You can't expect Celtic not to buy the opposition's best players if the rules and finance allow it. Celtic's problem are far richer than all other Scottish clubs because they are far more successful. They are more successful because they are richer. Nothing will change until people stop spending money to see Celtic win 50 in a row or whatever it'll be.

So is Collins suggesting a fundamental redistribution of cash to create a more level playing field? No, didn't think so.

Edited by adamntg

I can only go by reports and the couple of games I've seen but I don't think you are too far off with that assessment. One thing that is notable, is Celtic are a much more settled side than they were this time last season. Defeats at home to Hamilton, for example, won;t happen this season IMO so you boys really are going to need to step up to the plate when you play each other.

When it comes down to it I think Aberdeen lack belief when it comes to making the next step, whether that be Europe, challenging Celtic to the title or even just beating them. You established yourself as the second best team just now, but it's like you are just content to leave it at that.

Last season was the Dons' highest league finish in donkeys' years so it's maybe a bit harsh to say they're content to settle for second already!

The only thing that would stop Celtic winning the league would be greater strength in depth throughout the league as it's too much to expect any club to challenge them on their own. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that'll happen this season and there's no way that Aberdeen are so much better than any of the others that they won't drop a lot more points than Celtic against the rest.

McInnes is a clown.

I think you're in a minority of one in thinking that.

He's proven himself over time as a good young manager and someone who makes reasoned and thought out comments.

Take the Timmy glasses off.

I see McInnes wasn't happy with his comments & had a pop about him saying a lot for an assistant.

In his short time as a manager, he won the same amount of trophies as McInnes has in his lengthy career.

McInnes is a clown.

Ooft , careful now! You'll have the tamb sheepy Mafia all over you lol.They love their perma-tanned zombie managers up there ;-)

I don't like Collins, never have. Trebles should not be spoken about until you've won two trophies and are in the Scottish cup final IMO.

there's no way that Aberdeen are so much better than any of the others that they won't drop a lot more points than Celtic against the rest.

It took until about late March last year for Celtic to have won more points against the other 10 teams than Aberdeen had.