William Wallace Society - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, how pleasant to see this march today through Falkirk with Scottish flags flying and a band playing Scottish tunes.........I wish there were ONLY marches like this and no Orange/Republican marches.

Well done all involved.

They're all the same..... Nationalistic.

Just because they're waving your banner doesn't change what it is.....

The difference is one is postively celebrating one's history, whilst the other, although celebrating a history, is denouncing a religious group. It has evolved into little more than a drunken march by those who hate Catholics.

The difference is one is postively celebrating one's history, whilst the other, although celebrating a history, is denouncing a religious group. It has evolved into little more than a drunken march by those who hate Catholics.

Forgot to add..... Last Night at the Proms.....

More flag waving nutters..... like Republican / Loyalist and William Wallace Society. ......

All the same. ... different banner!

The rest of us just want to get on..... and leave the past alone.

More flag waving nutters..... like Republican / Loyalist and William Wallace Society. ......

O wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us!

Try find out a bit about the Society before you start posting about us, flag waving nutters we ain't

The difference being is that the Wallace Society march to commemorate events that took place in Scotland and not over the water.

The difference being is that the Wallace Society march to commemorate events that took place in Scotland and not over the water.

Commemorate battle/war..... etc

Flag waving...... all the same.

King Billy.... William Wallace...... leave it in the past and move on......

Should ban it all!

You're making loads of false Axioms.

I understand our brains have evolved to use as little energy as possible, however some attempt should be made to differentiate, between celebrating something in itself, and with celebrating something by denigrating an other. Also the genesis of them isn't nationalism, although they are all self-congratulatory at some level ,an inherent human trait as far back as the pyramids and across every tribe, so deny it is to deny what is human.

You're making loads of false Axioms.

I understand our brains have evolved to use as little energy as possible, however some attempt should be made to differentiate, between celebrating something in itself, and with celebrating something by denigrating an other. Also the genesis of them isn't nationalism, although they are all self-congratulatory at some level ,an inherent human trait as far back as the pyramids and across every tribe, so deny it is to deny what is human.

All the same. ..... no difference

Folk celebrating battles gone by.....

You're going down the route of them ones and us...... we are ok in our own commemorative day out...... they are wrong in their commemorative day out......

You all look the same to me..... flags apart!

We ain't celebrating battles, We are commemoration the people who fought and died for Scotland, if you look up a bit of history, we lost Falkirk , to mark us the same as the orange lodge is sorry it out of order and the Society if you cared to look us up do much more than just marches

Edited by Govanhill Jacobite

All the same. ..... no difference

You all look the same to me..... flags apart!

Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion.

But so am i.

I find the william wallace society are a wonderfull organisation who like me are proud of their heritage and history.

If you find the celebration of scotlands history offensive, i find that offensive.

So we will need to agree to disagree on this one.

Alba gu brath

You all look the same to me.....

Yes we've established that. However as stated you're conflating the concepts of commemoration with denigration.

I'm not arguing that they look the same to you. I fully believe they look the same to you. I'm stating the genesis is different not the look.

We ain't celebrating battles, We are commemoration the people who fought and died for Scotland, if you look up a bit of history, we lost Falkirk , to mark us the same as the orange lodge is sorry it out of order and the Society if you cared to look us up do much more than just marches

All very selective though......

You say yourself you commemorate the people who fought for Scotland. ...

Parallels with OO and Republican commemorative events...... as in its not all inclusive.

Unless of course England banners are brought as well and their dead are equally commemorated?

Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion.

But so am i.

I find the william wallace society are a wonderfull organisation who like me are proud of their heritage and history.

If you find the celebration of scotlands history offensive, i find that offensive.

So we will need to agree to disagree on this one.

Alba gu brath

It doesn't offend me..... just all been done before......

By Nationalistic flag wavers......