Globe Trotting - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Globe Trotting

DoonTheSlope

Seen as how a fair few folk will now be booked up for Portugal I want to know which countries this campaign has seen you travel through

My list is/will be as follows

Germany

England

Ireland

Poland

Norway

Ireland

Pending:

Denmark

Turkey (Asian side)

Georgia

Ukraine

England

England again

Portugal

Ireland

Dortmund away, went by bus. England, France, germany.

Warsaw away, direct flight. Poland.

Dublin away, by bus / ferry. Northen ireland and ROI.

Still to come

Tiblisi, via Holland and Ukraine

Faro, direct flight to portugal

Play-off game? in November I will try and book a direct flight to keep number of days away to a minimum

Seen as how a fair few folk will now be booked up for Portugal I want to know which countries this campaign has seen you travel through

My list is/will be as follows

Germany

England

Ireland

Poland

Norway

Ireland

Pending:

Denmark

Turkey (Asian side)

Georgia

Ukraine

England

England again

Portugal

Ireland

You nae heading to the home games like?

In terms of travel, this has been a pretty straight forward group with the exception of Georgia.

Can not recall any other campaigns where been able to do so many direct flights to games.

Edited by wanderer

My last home game was two years ago. But I'm coming home for the Germany game in September.

My last home game was two years ago. But I'm coming home for the Germany game in September.

They are world champs afterall, would be a sore one to miss. We gave spain a good game, a few years back. If it wasnt for McManus geeting his timing wrong for a defensive header, it could have been 2-2 after being 2 down

Could only happen to us. Lol

PS wasnt laughing at the time!

They are world champs afterall, would be a sore one to miss. We gave spain a good game, a few years back. If it wasnt for McManus geeting his timing wrong for a defensive header, it could have been 2-2 after being 2 down

Could only happen to us. Lol

PS wasnt laughing at the time!

One thing I will never ever understand, we had no intention of trying to beat a Czech Republic side who weren't even a shadow of the team they were 5(?) years previous, then in the second half against the best team on the planet for fcuk knows how many years we went at them and were 7 minutes away from getting a much deserved point Edited by DoonTheSlope

Katowice > Warsaw

Poland > Germany

Poland > Scotland (Ireland & England games)

Malta > Poland > Dublin

Malta > Poland > Georgia

Inconsiderate cousin is getting married in December so after Georgia that's me out of holidays.

Not very adventurous for me.

Germany - Lufthansa Direct Heathrow to Düsseldorf.

Poland - Heathrow - Berlin (BA)- Warsaw (Air Berlin), same return with a day in Berlin.

Ireland H - Heathrow to Glasgow (BA), return Edinburgh to Heathrow (watched Hibs & Scotland v The All Blacks on the Saturday).

Gibraltar H - Bristol to Edinburgh (Easyjet) and same back. Brought my boy up for his first games. Watched Hibs lose away to Raith Rovers on the Saturday then Scotland win on the Sunday.

Ireland A - Bristol to Dublin (Ryanair), same back.

Remaining games are

Georgia A - Heathrow - Istanbul - Tiblisi and back (Turkish Air) .

Gibraltar A - Heathrow to Faro (BA) and back again.

J

One thing I will never ever understand, we had no intention of trying to beat a Czech Republic side who weren't even a shadow of the team they were 5(?) years previous, then in the second half against the best team on the planet for fcuk knows how many years we went at them and were 7 minutes away from getting a much deserved point

Only scotland, before strachan we could raise our game against top nations. Yet let ourselves down against minnows.

Next up tiblisi.

I hope my post hasn't cursed us :blink:

No new strip for this trip SFA

Edited by Robroysboy

Germany - Ediburgh - Birmingham - Dusseldorf - Birmingham - Edinburgh

Poland - Edinburgh - Dublin -Warsaw - Oslo - Edinburgh

Ireland - Cairnryan - Belfast - Dublin

Georgia - Edinburgh - Copenhagen - Riga - Tbilisi train on the saturday afternoon with a night in Kutaisi - Vilnius - Belfast - Edinburgh ( Belter of a route)

Gibraltar - Dundee - Stansted - Faro

Been all over the shop for this campaign, Worth every second if we qualify

Edited by jackhayes17

Only scotland, before strachan we could raise our game against top nations. Yet let ourselves down against minnows.

Next up tiblisi.

I hope my post hasn't cursed us :blink:

No new strip for this trip SFA

ive just come down from the loft with the camping gear along with the purple (maroon)j jersey thinking mmmm must try this on again....

Already done:

Germany (a) - Gatwick to Cologne direct, reverse on the way back

Georgia (h) - Drove up the M6

Poland (a) - Stansted to Warsaw direct; Warsaw to Krakow after the game; then Krakow to Stansted coming back

Gibraltar (h) - Drove up the M6

Ireland (a) - Birmingham to Dublin direct, reverse coming back

To do:

Georgia (a) - Heathrow to Moscow, 4 days there; Moscow to Yerevan, 2 days there; Yerevan to Tbilisi (bus), 3 days there; Tbilisi to Kiev, 2 days there; Kiev to Heathrow

Gibraltar (a) - Heathrow to Lisbon; train to Faro; reverse coming back

So by the end of the campaign:

England

Scotland

Germany

Poland

Rep. Ireland

Russia

Armenia

Georgia

Ukraine

Portugal