Any Pc Gamers On Here - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Pc Gamers On Here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing a few games that are VR-ready recently too, like Elite: Dangerous and Alien: Isolation. It's amazing the feeling of depth VR gives you; inside the Elite spaceship you can look around you in all directions and move your head about in the cockpit - if you've got a proper flight joystick you see your hands move as you move that. Amazing immersion, and it's only going to get better.

That being said, I'm going to sell my Oculus Rift DK2 and buy a PS4 this month, while I can still get next to the original price for the DK2. The various VR headsets coming next year will be a leap ahead so I'll likely reinvest then.

I just googled "Good Looking Gamers" to get a riposte to that. It wasn't a fruitful search. I'll just need to get Scunnered to post a selfie instead.

something like 35-40% of Wow players are female.

for instance Ronda Rousey , Mila Kunis and Eliza Duku

I'll go get pictures as per board rules

101014-UFC-Ronda-Rousey-PI.vresize.1200.

MV5BMTIwODM2MDkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkx

plus a plethora more, 40% of our guild is female, the guild master is Female etc etc.

something like 35-40% of Wow players are female.

for instance Ronda Rousey , Mila Kunis and Eliza Duku

I'll go get pictures as per board rules

101014-UFC-Ronda-Rousey-PI.vresize.1200.

MV5BMTIwODM2MDkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkx

plus a plethora more, 40% of our guild is female, the guild master is Female etc etc.

That's all well and good but I was looking for good looking male gamers which wasn't a successful Google search, mainly because my picture didn't pop up and that made me a Sad Panda.

Slightly off topic but my mate managed to find an Amiga 1200 AND Amiga 600 in a charity shop on Byers road for £10 each. I spent the following few days sulking and browsing eBay & Gumtree.

I've still got my Amiga that I bought when they first came out. Some of the best games Ive ever played were on that lovely lump of plastic. Its still in its original box with all of the games etc that I bought.

I'm getting all nostalgic and might even take a turn up the loft to see if it still works.

I've still got my Amiga that I bought when they first came out. Some of the best games Ive ever played were on that lovely lump of plastic. Its still in its original box with all of the games etc that I bought.

I'm getting all nostalgic and might even take a turn up the loft to see if it still works.

When I was a boy everyone had a Commodore 64 and there was me with my ZX Spectrum :(. Then my dad got an Amiga and I was the coolest kid in the school B)

When I was a boy everyone had a Commodore 64 and there was me with my ZX Spectrum :(. Then my dad got an Amiga and I was the coolest kid in the school B)

I must be older than you then as I started on a ZX81, then onto a Spectrum before getting a C64 and then an Amiga. Some of the games were horrific to look at but beautiful to play.

Manic Miner on the Spectrum being a perfect example.

The biggest trouble with game developers today (such as ea) is its all about how nice a game looks. If you look back over your own personal favourite games I bet most of them were not the best graphics of there time but used the game itself to book you. The battlefield series is a prime example of this. Since ea took over the graphics have got way better but the gameplay has gotten worse. When each new bf comes out it seems there are mo4e and more bugs with it due to ea forcing dice to push the graphics instead of fixing the bugs ready for release.

Wow has had the same graphics from start, it's the user interface that makes the game though, you can do so much, they also let outside folk develop add ons for the game, to enact a lot of personal quality of life changes.

Gameplay is king, sensible soccer is the best game ever made imo, i like turn based battle games could use anything for graphics doesn't matter.

One of the best online shooters ever has got to be Starsiege Tribes... not the best graphics but great game... looks like the new CoD games are copying it with their jetpacks... The game was out over 15 years ago!

Wow has had the same graphics from start, it's the user interface that makes the game though, you can do so much, they also let outside folk develop add ons for the game, to enact a lot of personal quality of life changes.

Gameplay is king, sensible soccer is the best game ever made imo, i like turn based battle games could use anything for graphics doesn't matter.

Yup just look at the remake of x-com graphics are not the best but the gameplay is still as good if not better than before

Yup just look at the remake of x-com graphics are not the best but the gameplay is still as good if not better than before

is x-com the old game where you were fighting aliens and it was turn based?

just googled it, oh man it is, i played that as a kid it was great.

Edited by phart

is x-com the old game where you were fighting aliens and it was turn based?

just googled it, oh man it is, i played that as a kid it was great.

Yup try the new one its even better

I had a ZX Spectrum when I was a kid before getting an Amiga 600. I then went onto consoles for a while Mega Drive then Playstation 1 before getting into PC gaming along with the PS2, XBox360, PS3 and now XBOne.

The biggest trouble with game developers today (such as ea) is its all about how nice a game looks. If you look back over your own personal favourite games I bet most of them were not the best graphics of there time but used the game itself to book you. The battlefield series is a prime example of this. Since ea took over the graphics have got way better but the gameplay has gotten worse. When each new bf comes out it seems there are mo4e and more bugs with it due to ea forcing dice to push the graphics instead of fixing the bugs ready for release.

There are some notable exceptions though. EA and Ubisoft are definitely the worst offenders. I can understand some bugs creeping in to a game, especially PC games but too many games are just broken when release. FFS people STOP PRE-ORDERING GAMES!

For PC games, allowing community made mods improves a game so so much.

Yup try the new one its even better

I'm not sure I would go that far but the new X-Com is excellent.

Remember the Spectrum/Commodore wars of the 80's. One accused of having a rubber thumb vector graphic shiteness whilst the other accused of having blocky, stuttering pish. :-))

I had the Spectrum, Atic Atac was a personal favourite. Moved onto the megadrive where Sonic was the dogs bollox for some time along with John Maddens NFL.

In terms of playability vs look of the game, classic example was the Wii. Call of Duty on that had poor graphics compared to the xbox as PS, however, with the machine gun attachment, the playability was phenomenal.

Sensible Soccer is the best football game ever despite not being anything like real football. The Fifa franchise could learn a lot from it. I lost count of the destroyed joysticks caused by this game.

Although the reboot Sensible World of Soccer was a good example of trying to improve on perfection only to feck it up. The world cup elements were a great addition but the gameplay was subtly damaged making it a far less appealing game to play.

And yes I am still bitter about that.

Sensible Soccer is the best football game ever despite not being anything like real football. The Fifa franchise could learn a lot from it. I lost count of the destroyed joysticks caused by this game.

Although the reboot Sensible World of Soccer was a good example of trying to improve on perfection only to feck it up. The world cup elements were a great addition but the gameplay was subtly damaged making it a far less appealing game to play.

And yes I am still bitter about that.

Not played Sensible Soccer in years. Probably close to decades!! I'm tempted to see if I can find an old Megadrive now just to relive my youth!

Think it was on Atari ST and Amiga. I played on the Amiga also. Getting nostalgic for it now...

Oooft. Being sold on the Maltese ebay for €250. I'm not that nostalgic. Too expensive just to play one or two games.

Edited by OLAS

Was looking just the other day at getting back to my PC gaming roots and was wondering get whether or not to get desktop or laptop.

Don't know how much time I would have though as got a 1 year old!

Any idea of price for a half decent machine that can play most games comfortaby?

Build you own...i used to make PC's for folk when i was in Scotland, its easy...get a lot more for your money too

Send me your budget and I'll spec you a pc, I can even give you instructions on how to build it, if not the place where you buy the parts build it for 40 quid

Dread to think how many hours I spent playing the Amiga - Kick Off 2, Sensible Soccer, Monkey Island, Championship Manager, Panza Kick Boxing, Lemmings, Indy Jones.. Machine bit the dust when the TV modulator broke!