Squash - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squash

weekevie04

Anyone play or follow/watch this sport?

I started in 2011, stopped through working odd shifts a year or so back, but meeting a friend to begin hopefully playing again regularly.

I joined a league a few years back and remember seeing a 20 stone guy who was about 55 and thought I could win this, how wrong was I - he stood in the middle of the court spraying it around and knew tons of different types of shots.

As for watching, the rallies are long. I didn't even know they had doubles, but I caught some of that at the Commonwealth games - the matches would take an age - 4-5 min rallies to be ended by a let.

If you've ever been curious about this. Give it a go and if you play someone at a similar level it can be really competitive, and a great work out - like a one hour HIIT/Fartlek session if you're up against a good player.

Rambling now, but interesting to see if there are any other squash fans on the Tamb.

I played in the Grampian league two years ago but stopped playing whilst training for the London marathon. I going for a hit on Thursday and hope to get back into it competitively this winter.

It's a great work out