Pasta - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Definitely no cream. A whole crushed garlic clove at the pancetta stage then removed is the way I make it.

The pasta water gives it the creamy consistency. I've sent many a 'carbonara' back as it was essentially spaghetti in a cheese sauce. Boak.

Definitely no cream. A whole crushed garlic clove at the pancetta stage then removed is the way I make it.

The pasta water gives it the creamy consistency. I've sent many a 'carbonara' back as it was essentially spaghetti in a cheese sauce. Boak.

Any food I've sent back usually returns with a special creamy consistency.

Makes me think of of one of the short stories in Trainspotting. A waitress is given a hard time by an obnoxious customer, who complains about his tomato soup. She is having her period and takes her revenge by...well, if you haven't read the book, use your imagination.

Makes me think of of one of the short stories in Trainspotting. A waitress is given a hard time by an obnoxious customer, who complains about his tomato soup. She is having her period and takes her revenge by...well, if you haven't read the book, use your imagination.

Also pisses on his fish and mixes her shite with his dessert.

Charming lassie :)

Also pisses on his fish and mixes her shite with his dessert.

Charming lassie :)

Some folk will pay extra for that.

Anyway, I've gone off Italian food - had a mushroom pizza last night and now I've got food poisoning - must have ejected every fluid in my body - sometimes from two orifices at the same time.

Anyway, I've gone off Italian food - had a mushroom pizza last night and now I've got food poisoning - must have ejected every fluid in my body - sometimes from two orifices at the same time.

An undercooked frozen pizza from farm foods probably doesn't qualify as 'Italian food' bud :D

Ps get well, food poisoning really ain't funny

Edited by Angus_Young

It's nae called funghi for nothing - disgusting.

I had some mad Italian dish at Marco's wedding, which unbeknown to me had mushrooms in it, and I've still not fully recovered.

Meanwhile, back in Flora's kitchen çe soir, a fine omelette just produced.

It's nae called funghi for nothing - disgusting.

I had some mad Italian dish at Marco's wedding, which unbeknown to me had mushrooms in it, and I've still not fully recovered.

Meanwhile, back in Flora's kitchen çe soir, a fine omelette just produced.

I used to love mushrooms - now even the thought of one makes me want to boak.

Tried to find your Turkish barber in Merrylee yesterday; without success. Ended up getting butchered at my local barber.

I used to love mushrooms - now even the thought of one makes me want to boak.

Tried to find your Turkish barber in Merrylee yesterday; without success. Ended up getting butchered at my local barber.

It's on the wee row of shops across fe American Golf. Apologies for missing your call - didn't get back fe the golf until late.

• 4 weeks later...