Ticket Sales - Page 9 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

So as I read it, this sale will only be open to Ssc members that, for whatever reason haven't bought a ticket yet anf this will not make EXTRA tickets available to Ssc members.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as I read it, this sale will only be open to Ssc members that, for whatever reason haven't bought a ticket yet anf this will not make EXTRA tickets available to Ssc members.

They have ( in their words) " not formulated a plan" for any tickets left after Friday. But they are considering offering members the chance to buy extra. To me it's a no brainer. They could also be a wee bit more forthcoming with info

I suspect they are reopening this up to SSC members for at least 1 of 3 reasons -

1. The number of people that contacted them to say that they missed the first SSC sale; and/or made comments about having to shell out straight after the Dublin trip.

2. The fact that offering an extra 2 tickets opens up the possibility of these being sold on to away fans (which is also the case with the extra tickets made available to ST holders). Probably unlikely that this is a consideration, but you never know.

3. They still have almost 2 months to play with to shift the Germany tickets and longer for Poland. I am sure they will try to find many other ways to sell them, before putting them on the open market for away fans to snap up. I am sure extra tickets for SSC members will be the next stage.

Edited by EIFA10

Just had an email saying they re-opening ticket sales to ssc members who missed out not sure if it only members who havnt bought a ticket yet or if it means all members can buy an extra one

There were approx 12,000 members who never bought a Poland ticket (Scotland's biggest game in a decade) and 8,000 who never bought for the Germany game so at present tickets are only available to them.

I think it's great they are doing everything they can to stop it going to a public sale. Hopefully the next step will be to offer all members the chance to buy extra.

There were approx 12,000 members who never bought a Poland ticket (Scotland's biggest game in a decade) and 8,000 who never bought for the Germany game so at present tickets are only available to them.

I think it's great they are doing everything they can to stop it going to a public sale. Hopefully the next step will be to offer all members the chance to buy extra.

Here's hoping as I need one more kids ticket as my youngest isn't a member yet just trying to get him hooked

Just had an email saying they re-opening ticket sales to ssc members who missed out not sure if it only members who havnt bought a ticket yet or if it means all members can buy an extra one

It only applies if you have not purchased a ticket yet. If you are in the SSC, you now have another chance to buy your one ticket, providing you have not already purchased a ticket for that game. Extra tickets are not on offer during this window, regardless of whether you have a season ticket, or you are just in the SSC.

West stand full for Poland, had to get my son a ticket so asked for a7 the last seats between away and home support as I can get him through the turnstiles and then stand with the 7 of us! The chap had to go and ask if he could sell an away ticket and came back saying they're starting to open up away seats to Scott's fans so looking like less n less poles!!

Happy days...

There were approx 12,000 members who never bought a Poland ticket (Scotland's biggest game in a decade)

Im thinking that majority of these guys are away for an extended holiday to faro and to save a few bob. Hopefully thats the game we qualify if we havent already done so....

But It could be that if results dont go our way they have left seats open to the chance of away fans buying them when we really need a capacity home crowd.

I doubt we will shift alot more of these to members yet to buy a ticket at present i just hope that they can make them available to other members with tickets already purchased.

I read it as if you are a SSC member who for whatever reason did not take up your ticket, you can now buy your ticket again.

So at the moment, no more for season ticket holders.

No extras for anyone in the SSC who has already bought their ticket.

J

Im thinking that majority of these guys are away for an extended holiday to faro and to save a few bob. Hopefully thats the game we qualify if we havent already done so....

But It could be that if results dont go our way they have left seats open to the chance of away fans buying them when we really need a capacity home crowd.

I doubt we will shift alot more of these to members yet to buy a ticket at present i just hope that they can make them available to other members with tickets already purchased.

The majority of 12,000 who never bought are going to Faro early? I would be surprised of it was anymore than 500 in that situation.

I'd be very surprised if they don't open it up for members to buy extra tickets after Friday. They seem desperate not to have a public sale

So they only sold 13,000 or so tickets in last couple of weeks for Poland game?

I don't know the current sales but at the time of extra season ticket sales they said the sold approx 27000 tickets for Poland which included away tickets. There are 35000 members so that suggests around 12000 members never bought a ticket.

I don't know the current sales but at the time of extra season ticket sales they said the sold approx 27000 tickets for Poland which included away tickets. There are 35000 members so that suggests around 12000 members never bought a ticket.

I think there were 10,000 season tickets in total,5,000 for Poland is 15,000. Meaning they have only sold 12,000 more tickets before season ticket holders got chance to buy extra.

A few hundred will be on route to Faro but 12k? I think this shows the SSC could open up the SSC to 40k plus and still "guarantee" everyone a home ticket as it is clear however big the match is 1000s won't go (for various reasons). Saying that it almost a year to attract 35k members. Not sure how many others want to join.