Wales V Belgium - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Surely you just have to look at Bale's record in this competition to tell you how important he is to this welsh team. I've had a look back...

5 goals, 2 assists - in theory Bale has won an astonishing 12 points on his own.

Make no mistake - Bales are the ulitmate 1 man team and they would not be going to France without him.

Edited by JECK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink::blink:

You're kidding, surely ?

No, I think they both have harder groups than us.

Bosnia/Herz - I have no idea what went wrong, but they were constantly 2nd and then losing playoffs to Portugal, before Sufic got them to Brazil. He then get off to a mair in their group and quit, and they are now starting to win again. They'll be in the Playoffs if not second.

Belgium - they are overated alright from the football hipsters, but still a very good side who romped our last qualifying group. They have a great squad.

Israel - can't recall the exact stats, but until Wales won there, they hadn't lost at home for a long time (I'd be making up the numbers if I guessed, but it was at least 4 years).

Cyprus - one of the better minnows.

Andorra - likewise.

NI's group has no one spectacular, but that draw looked a nightmare - every game looked a task. Hungary, Finland, Romania, Greece - no thanks at all. I wouldn't fancy us in any of those places. And those pesky step cousins, the Faroes too - who have now beaten Greece twice.

I think our group is massively hyped up. Germany are a great side and World Champs, but I don't think Poland are and we are focussing too much on Lewandowski, Ireland are knuckledraggers, Georgia are a decent side who will take points off one of the top four, Gibraltar are shite.

No, I think they both have harder groups than us.

Bosnia/Herz - I have no idea what went wrong, but they were constantly 2nd and then losing playoffs to Portugal, before Sufic got them to Brazil. He then get off to a mair in their group and quit, and they are now starting to win again. They'll be in the Playoffs if not second.

Belgium - they are overated alright from the football hipsters, but still a very good side who romped our last qualifying group. They have a great squad.

Israel - can't recall the exact stats, but until Wales won there, they hadn't lost at home for a long time (I'd be making up the numbers if I guessed, but it was at least 4 years).

Cyprus - one of the better minnows.

Andorra - likewise.

NI's group has no one spectacular, but that draw looked a nightmare - every game looked a task. Hungary, Finland, Romania, Greece - no thanks at all. I wouldn't fancy us in any of those places. And those pesky step cousins, the Faroes too - who have now beaten Greece twice.

I think our group is massively hyped up. Germany are a great side and World Champs, but I don't think Poland are and we are focussing too much on Lewandowski, Ireland are knuckledraggers, Georgia are a decent side who will take points off one of the top four, Gibraltar are shite.

I think we'd have won that group. Greece are terrible and finally getting shown up. Romania are ok but no better than Poland, Hungary and Finland are inferior compared to the Poles and Ireland for certainty, wouldn't even say Finland are much better than Georgia, whilst the only compliment you can pay the Faroes is that they're better than Gibraltar. Still, Northern Ireland (5th seeds remember) have done extremely well to be 2nd in that section.

Romania are ranked 12th in the world!

(Although wales are 10th...)

Means nothing. Switzerland were a seeded team at the World Cup and France skelped them 5-2. I'd have fancied our chances of taking 4 points off Romania had we got them but each to their own.

Edited by John_B81