Scottish Sun To Back Yes ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wouldn't trust the weirdi f*cker as far as I could throw him. I think he's sending out signals that the Sun will support Yes vote but I'd be working on the assumption that he'll dramatically support No at the last minute. If I were Yes Scotland or Salmond, I'd be working from the point of view that all bar Sunday Herald will be backing No. Anything else is an unexpected bonus.

I don't trust him either Reekie but all I do know he has a axe to grind with the UK establishment ... he might see backing Yes as a way to get back at those he thinks have slighted him and his company ... Eck and the Yes campaign don't need to cosy up to the Sun or Murdoch for that matter

and at least twice as many read it....

Most tabloids work on the basis that readership is closer to 3x circulation. Either way it's still a sizeable number of people who read it.

I don't do Twitter so don't know what Murdoch may be hinting at but a pal of 30 years is an exec at the Scottish Sun. I asked him just before leaving for the game in Germany when it was coming out in favour of Yes and he just laughed an tapped his nose.

If it does, I'd expect Sunday as it is the last Sunday before the ref and so could wipe the floor with extra sales. Could be waiting until then to build a run of follow-up exclusives until polling day to build both sales and yes momentum.

Who knows?