Nathan Mcseveney - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nathan Mcseveney

Hi guys

Been a bit of talk between few irish fans into arranging something in memory of Nathan for the game in Dublin. We thinking of getting a flag or something made up in his memory and getting both sets of fans to sign it if they wish and then could present it to his family in his memory

Just checking to see if yous have anything planned yourselves for the game as could work together if yous did. We have someone willing to make us the flag at cost price if we go with this idea

*also I'm aware members of Nathan's family will be making the trip over with a branch of the tartan army

Donegal lad great gesture , was wondering , at the Aviva just before games fai usually have the big screen with names and pictures of persons within the sport who have passed away since your last game, don't know if it would be fitting for the fai to show nathans photo at this time . of course subject to his familys approval again a great gesture :ok:

Hi guys

Been a bit of talk between few irish fans into arranging something in memory of Nathan for the game in Dublin. We thinking of getting a flag or something made up in his memory and getting both sets of fans to sign it if they wish and then could present it to his family in his memory

Just checking to see if yous have anything planned yourselves for the game as could work together if yous did. We have someone willing to make us the flag at cost price if we go with this idea

*also I'm aware members of Nathan's family will be making the trip over with a branch of the tartan army

Mate if you need any help from me - let me know

Donegal lad great gesture , was wondering , at the Aviva just before games fai usually have the big screen with names and pictures of persons within the sport who have passed away since your last game, don't know if it would be fitting for the fai to show nathans photo at this time . of course subject to his familys approval again a great gesture :ok:

Im sure they would lad

There was a young Irish fan who drowned at the Euros in 2012 and his photo was put up on the big screen before a game in the stadium before kickoff in a following friendly/world cup qualifier

Im sure they would be glad to do something similar for Nathan if his family gave permission

Hi guys mentioned it over on the Facebook page but sone might not have seen it. The lad we get to make the flags accepts payment by PayPal so for convenience sake when we get things arranged will use it for anyone looking to donate. Had suggested that any surplus money be split and donated to the sunshine appeal/another tartan army charity and a charity of the irish fans choice

Have contacted the fai to ask if there is a minute silence/applause being organised for this game as well as been informed about another young lad who sadly passed away recently while planning his trip to Dublin

Edited by Donegal-lad

What can the manager and team do to assist with the profile of this venture?

I'm not sure what the SFA stance would be, but I know that Ikechi Anya does alot for charity and is a nice bloke maybe if someone got in touch via Twitter he might be willing to help

great work Donegal lad and your lads, I am sure both Nathan and Connor's families would be proud and grateful if this can be organised . well done :ok:

We 100% will get something sorted for this game! a few lads who are part of our page on Facebook were in same area as Nathan in Glasgow and are determined to get something organised in his memory for this game. The idea we have ATM is of the irish and Scottish flags with hands meeting in the middle with a picture of Nathan and a message written on the flag (like gone but not forgotten etc)

I only heard about connor tonight and have mentioned him to the fai when asked about minute silence etc. It's terrible to hear the young lad was planning his trip to Dublin only to pass away before it. Things like that really puts life I to perspective and shows us how lucky we are to get to enjoy matches like this and shouldn't take them for granted like we do at times

I'm just waiting to hear back from mark who makes the flags for us hopefully will hear back from him soon. I've also contacted the fai to ask if a minute silence would be taking place before this game to see if both names could be included in this. Once I hear anything from either I will post it up here and on the Facebook page

They already had a minute applause at England game. So not sure another silence would be needed. Great thing what you lads are doing though.good people the irish. ( well the real ones) Hopefully meet up with a few for a few bevvy s. Can't wait

They already had a minute applause at England game. So not sure another silence would be needed. Great thing what you lads are doing though.good people the irish. ( well the real ones) Hopefully meet up with a few for a few bevvy s. Can't wait

Only asked if fai had 1 planned already could these people be included in it. We won't be trying to organise 1 ourselves only be 1 if fai have it planned.