Snp Manifesto 2016 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There are 73 constituancies in the Scottish Parliament so the SNP will have way more than 55.

The second vote Green could make a major difference though.

Based on poll predictions the SNP will take most of their share through the constituency vote, winning 70 of 73 seats which is an outright majority already. Voting SNP in 2nd vote would only increase the SNP seats 2 to a total of 72. This would see Labour in 2nd place on 28 seats with the Greens on 10.

10422522_10205528163016320_4633551531493

The big difference is if you get about 25% of SNP voters giving thier 2nd vote to the Greens increasing their vote by 14%. This sees the SNP drop a meesly 2 seats, retaining a majority but would see Labour drop to 21 seats and the Greens rising to 26 becoming the 2nd largest party!

10997452_10205528163296327_9167981118413

thats the message we need to get across..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flumax

There are 73 constituancies in the Scottish Parliament so the SNP will have way more than 55.

The second vote Green could make a major difference though.

Based on poll predictions the SNP will take most of their share through the constituency vote, winning 70 of 73 seats which is an outright majority already. Voting SNP in 2nd vote would only increase the SNP seats 2 to a total of 72. This would see Labour in 2nd place on 28 seats with the Greens on 10.

10422522_10205528163016320_4633551531493

The big difference is if you get about 25% of SNP voters giving thier 2nd vote to the Greens increasing their vote by 14%. This sees the SNP drop a meesly 2 seats, retaining a majority but would see Labour drop to 21 seats and the Greens rising to 26 becoming the 2nd largest party!

10997452_10205528163296327_9167981118413

Where are these figures from? Would love to see snp, green 1 & 2

Where are these figures from? Would love to see snp, green 1 & 2

I would hope that a lot of people were impressed by Patrick Harvie in the tv debates, both at the referendum and at the UK This should hopefully see people lend their 2nd vote to the Greens

Guest flumax

I see from zooming in this is from some prediction site, where is it? I would like to see what difference 0% regional snp vote would have with green getting all the SNP vote.

If it means 2 dropped for 30 green, surely that should be the campaign.

I see from zooming in this is from some prediction site, where is it? I would like to see what difference 0% regional snp vote would have with green getting all the SNP vote.

Aye, that's the sort of lines I was thinking about. If we were sure of the numbers it would be good to get a simple clear message out there.

http://www.scotlandvotes.com/holyrood

I just put in the most recent polling from this month and it would see:

SNP 73

Labour 28

Tories 16

Lib Dem 5

Green 10

The SNP are polling 44% in the 2nd Vote and the Greens 10%. If we could get about a third of SNP voters to give their 2nd vote Green and leave us with SNP 29% and Green 25% we would see:

SNP 70

Green 25

Labour 17

Tories 14

Lib Dem 3

That would see SNP going from 73 to 70, still a majority and more seats than they have now. But the difference it would make to the rest of the vote is stagering!

SNP 70

Green 40

Labour 11

Tory 7

Lib Dem 1

What would happen if say 50% of SNP voters gave their 2nd vote to Greens? Would that get even more greens in or is there a limit to how effective it would be?

That would have just as great an impact:

SNP 70

Green 31

Labour 17

Tory 10

Lib Dem 1

That would see SNP going from 73 to 70, still a majority and more seats than they have now. But the difference it would make to the rest of the vote is stagering!

SNP 70

Green 40

Labour 11

Tory 7

Lib Dem 1

That would be outstanding.

SNP 70

Green 40

Labour 11

Tory 7

Lib Dem 1

You need to try harder. How do we get the Lib Dems down to zero? :lol: Although it would be good to see Wullie Rennie left all on his lonesome. :lol:

If the SNP are on course to win a majority through the constituancies, which at the moment it would do then 2nd vote Green is a must. All depends if they can keep their polling high. Worst case is they under perform in the constituancies (Unlikely at the moment) but it would still result in Greens 2nd and a massive pro independence majority.

Probably just a reaction to a Tory government. I would expect that to calm down slightly.

Good review of where we stand now by Brian Taylor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32688009

After the referendum I said that sooner or later we'd live to regret our decision. Looking at some of the things the Tories have in the pipeline I reckon quite a lot of folk are in for a shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32683869

And to think, if 200k or so votes had gone the other way we would most probably have avoided it all. :(

Guest flumax

So Iain, what it seems. If everyone who voted snp for wm, voted snp constituency and as many as those who wish vote green, we could be looking at near unionist wipe out?

Can't see snp backing sick a campaign, but this is where the yes campaign can step up.

Got a year to double check these numbers and get the message out... Could be immense if correct