A Pathetic Viewpoint On Independence - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Pathetic Viewpoint On Independence

That would be different from any normal scottish football fan though. You could say anything about him, for example, he probably supports England as much as us but in all probability that would be wrong too.

Normal? Frankly, I am more interested in Scotland winning than having a rabid, foaming at the mouth loathing or even caring what England are up to. I'll take satisfaction if I watch coverage and listen to commentators/pundits talking them up and then they lose but apart from that I couldn't really give a jot.

And lets not forget he has just married an English woman so I'd hardly see him as being anti-English. Likes a bit of banter - yes definitely but that is about it.

I haven't mentioned anti-English, you have. I am confident that when Andy sits and watches England on telly he will be wanting their opponents to win.

And like your other post, you want the English beat but apart from that you couldn't give a jot (bit of a contradiction there).

I haven't mentioned anti-English, you have. I am confident that when Andy sits and watches England on telly he will be wanting their opponents to win.

And like your other post, you want the English beat but apart from that you couldn't give a jot (bit of a contradiction there).

No you are missing the point. I will take quiet satisfaction should they lose and more so if Ian Wright etc is on pre-match creaming his pants about them. But that is a hell of a lot different from specifically sitting there cheering on any team in any sport to beat England.

No you are missing the point. I will take quiet satisfaction should they lose and more so if Ian Wright etc is on pre-match creaming his pants about them. But that is a hell of a lot different from specifically sitting there cheering on any team in any sport to beat England.

You don't have to continually exaggerate with the rabid foaming at the mouth patter and repeated anti-English and who said anything about sitting cheering any team that play England.

You want England to lose, so does Andy and so do I. We got there in the end.

You don't have to continually exaggerate with the rabid foaming at the mouth patter and repeated anti-English and who said anything about sitting cheering any team that play England.

You want England to lose, so does Andy and so do I. We got there in the end.

But all in varying degrees though I would guess. Yes lets leave it there.

The only time I want England to win, is if it benefits Scotland.

Same said with Hearts, an analogy I use with my English Friends and Family when they question me. Except I ask my Tottenham supporting Inlaws if they would support Arsenal in Europe. No is the obvious answer.

J

I know the question beforehand, but don't believe it changes the fact that Murray was serious. I want them to lose every time they play. It's football. I feel the same way about Ayr. I know a great guy who supports Ayr. My best man is English. It's not life, it's just football stuff. Murray seems to feel the same.

Totally agree but I've found it's only the people not into football that don't get it.

The only time I want England to win, is if it benefits Scotland.

Same said with Hearts, an analogy I use with my English Friends and Family when they question me. Except I ask my Tottenham supporting Inlaws if they would support Arsenal in Europe. No is the obvious answer.

J

I want England to win often. Them getting their hopes up only makes their forthcoming loss all the more entertaining :)