Bournemouth V Bolton - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I was at college down there about 12yrs ago, went along to a few games after being told that the league they were in was as good as the top league in Scotland.

They were awful.

Glad for the town that they've gone up. Still think Ryan Fraser should have stayed with the dons!

Pleased for Bournemouth, not for over-inflated ego Fraser though for saying he was too good for Aberdeen after 12 games. He'll be shipped out on loan next season.

Given the number of games he's played this season, I think he made the right move.

Plenty were quick to slag him for leaving Aberdeen for wee Bournemouth.

Fraser made 21 first team appearances for Aberdeen BTW.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Given the number of games he's played this season, I think he made the right move.

Plenty were quick to slag him for leaving Aberdeen for wee Bournemouth.

Fraser made 21 first team appearances for Aberdeen BTW.

I can see why he wanted to leave Aberdeen but also think the arguments that he left too soon are valid.

He's the best young player i've seen come through at Aberdeen in years. His ability to beat a defender was fantastic. From a standing start, he'd throw a dummy and drop the shoulder and be gone. Fantastic.

He got some rough treatment. Every team we played seemed to go on to the pitch having been given the instruction to kick him. I mind particularly viscous assaults by Zaliukas and by Tokeley, which both only drew cautions.

He's played in fits and starts for Bournemouth. In a league that doesn't really suit his abilities. He's all craft and skill, rather than being strong and athletic. Maybe playing in that environment will teach him to deal with being outmatched physically and make him better. Who knows.

My gut says he'd have bee far better spending another year at Aberdeen, playing every week. If he'd done that i doubt he'd struggled for a move to a team that's considered a bigger club than Bournemouth.

His ability to beat a defender was fantastic. From a standing start, he'd throw a dummy and drop the shoulder and be gone. Fantastic.

He's played in fits and starts for Bournemouth. In a league that doesn't really suit his abilities. He's all craft and skill, rather than being strong and athletic. Maybe playing in that environment will teach him to deal with being outmatched physically and make him better. Who knows.

Do you think he'll be better suited to EPL then?

I can see why he wanted to leave Aberdeen but also think the arguments that he left too soon are valid.

He's the best young player i've seen come through at Aberdeen in years. His ability to beat a defender was fantastic. From a standing start, he'd throw a dummy and drop the shoulder and be gone. Fantastic.

He got some rough treatment. Every team we played seemed to go on to the pitch having been given the instruction to kick him. I mind particularly viscous assaults by Zaliukas and by Tokeley, which both only drew cautions.

My gut says he'd have bee far better spending another year at Aberdeen, playing every week. If he'd done that i doubt he'd struggled for a move to a team that's considered a bigger club than Bournemouth.

Generally I would be with you on this, but when you read Bournemouths story I'm not so sure this time. His comments regarding training and the like made for very interesting reading. Bournemouth have money but they have invested it in the right places. It sounds like a cracking football club for a young player to develop. That said Aberdeen have completely turned things around since he left and you wonder how much more he would have come on under McIness guidance.

So far, given the promotion, he seems to have been proved right but I think it will truly be judged on how much he is used next year among the big boys.

I wish him well anyway, can only be a positive for us.

Fraser made 9 full appearances for Bournemouth this season, and came on as sub. 16 times...often in the last few minutes.

He's scored 2 goals, and has 1 assist.

Whereas I admit I criticised his choice of team, and I acknowledge Bournemouth's considerable achievement, I'm not convinced that he's actually 'made' it yet in England.

He's still effectively a bit-part player at the club...a youngster with potential. I'm not entirely convinced he'll even be at Bournemouth come the start of the EPL season.

Fraser made 9 full appearances for Bournemouth this season, and came on as sub. 16 times...often in the last few minutes.

He's scored 2 goals, and has 1 assist.

Whereas I admit I criticised his choice of team, and I acknowledge Bournemouth's considerable achievement, I'm not convinced that he's actually 'made' it yet in England.

He's still effectively a bit-part player at the club...a youngster with potential. I'm not entirely convinced he'll even be at Bournemouth come the start of the EPL season.

I don't think anyone could disagree with that. The fact they have gained promotion would maybe suggest those stats aren't all that bad. Still has it all to prove though. The next couple of seasons will be crucial for him.

I don't think anyone could disagree with that. The fact they have gained promotion would maybe suggest those stats aren't all that bad. Still has it all to prove though. The next couple of seasons will be crucial for him.

Bournemouth have been superb this season, but the Premiership will dictate a much different style of play.

As skilful a player as Fraser is, I can't see him as a Premiership player. I doubt very much if he'll reach 9 appearances next season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out on loan, or be moved on.

Bournemouth have been superb this season, but the Premiership will dictate a much different style of play.

As skilful a player as Fraser is, I can't see him as a Premiership player. I doubt very much if he'll reach 9 appearances next season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out on loan, or be moved on.

Fair enough, you will know better than me. Time will tell I suppose .

Do you think he'll be better suited to EPL then?

As Rossy says below, i doubt he'll play much in the EPL next season (if at all).

I think the EPL is similar to the Championship though. The primary attribute for most players is to be a great athlete, technique is secondary. Hence why everyone down south thinks Wanyama is a great player, despite the fact he struggles to pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate.