Call Me Paranoid But.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Call Me Paranoid But..

Does anyone else think that Nigel Farage's visit and the Orange Order march could be part of a plan to create some genuine trouble and scare people into voting No?

I've been reading more and more comments from No voters saying things like "no matter what way the vote goes, Scotland will be divided/split down the middle" etc etc...Add on to that the efforts of Jim Murphy, George Galloway etc to paint the Yes campaign as aggressive and menacing and I think there is a tactic to scare people into believing Scotland will become a second Northern Ireland..

now imagine there is some trouble this weekend and imagine someone is seriously hurt or even killed, do you think some swaying voters would panic and vote No, fearing some kind of civil war should Yes carry the day?

like I said, call me paranoid

Some members of the Bitter Together group have advised the Orange Order NOT to go ahead with this as it could have a detrimental effect on their campaign. If the biggotted scumbags go ahead with this then it may well work in the Yes Campaign's favour.

I am trying to think of the circumstances of a death at an Orange March which could be spun in favour of a No vote and finding it difficult.

It is possible someone - perhaps even a secret policeman! - might throw an egg at Nigel Farage, at which the media, primed, would go batshit about racist Scotnat brownshirts, but the more hysterical they get, the more people will be scunnered at their pish.

Off topic, but for me the image of the campaign will be the story I read of a group of Yes campaigners out leafleting and coming across an old guy, by himself, going round the doors with some hand-made A4 No Thanks leaflets. Here is a sincere unionist, alone, roused into activism by his conscience, and utterly let down by his side's reliance on mainstream media and astroturfing. The greatest, punching above its weight, financially clouty union in the world, leaving its supporters with nothing except DIY and a sense of hopelessness as their trough-addled leaders call another press conference and promise another back-of-fag-packet committment to 'debate' more ill-thought out devo-plus proposals. It's guys like that who will need a bit of love come 19 September.

Some members of the Bitter Together group have advised the Orange Order NOT to go ahead with this as it could have a detrimental effect on their campaign. If the biggotted scumbags go ahead with this then it may well work in the Yes Campaign's favour.

I think it wont even get a mention on the news. They didn't even cover the NHS march or any other demo recently. They certainly wont cover this. Unless there is serious unrest.

As long as nobody rises to the bait. Let them all do their thing without any confrontation. If we turn up they will be the aggressors but we will be blamed in the MSM and it will be spun as nasty Nats thuggery.

Leave them well alone and we will benefit more.

Couldn't agree more. Just let them get on with it.

Anyone who thinks the Orange prance in Edinburgh and Nigel Farage visiting Glasgow is anything but to stir trouble is sticking their head in the sand. They are both looking for a reaction from the yes supporters so they can again paint a picture of nasty evil sepratists.

We should be doing everything we can to encourage YES folk to stay away from these. If YES supporters want to do something to help the campaign they should get in touch with their local YES branch and help them out instead. It will be much more useful than getting into an argy bargy with racists and bigots.